• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 242LS Factory Tower - Collapse Retrofit

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2011 242LS with the factory forward sweeping tower. I've always stored it in a storage facility. We close on a lake house on Thursday, so now it will sit outside at the new lake house. I'd love to try to put it in the garage. I remember seeing some threads years ago on retrofitting the factory tower to collapse, but I'm having a hard time finding any of those threads.

Anyone?

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Philip and I were just talking about this. He found a thread on the other forum, where a guy modified his tower to fold. The guy rounded off the ends of the tower, at the front connection point, so they could slide past each other. I wanted to take it a step further and use pins, that could be pulled quickly, but I'm not sure how this would affect the tower, when actually using it for wakeboarding. I cannot find the thread over there, but it does exist.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ah - I didn't think to look at the old place. Thanks

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I searched but had no luck. I had screenshots saved on my phone but that phone went for a swim. If you happen to find it,can you post a link? If thats not appropriate here,can you send it to me?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Philip and I were just talking about this. He found a thread on the other forum, where a guy modified his tower to fold. The guy rounded off the ends of the tower, at the front connection point, so they could slide past each other. I wanted to take it a step further and use pins, that could be pulled quickly, but I'm not sure how this would affect the tower, when actually using it for wakeboarding. I cannot find the thread over there, but it does exist.
Instead of pins what about these? I just ordered them for my tower.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HTZ1ELM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice! Are they the correct size and length? I considered making something with parts from mcmaster,but if they are correct, im ordering!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took one of my tower bolts out went to Home Depot to figure out the thread (Metric 10 x 1.5 BTW), measured the length of the threaded stud and then looked for the correct item at Monroe Engineering's website (they are the manufacturer). Once I found the correct knob then I looked for that item number on amazon. They will be here next week so I should be able to tell you how good of a fit they are.

http://catalog.monroeengineering.com/category/knobs-metal-knobs-45-styles-multi-lobed-star-knobs