• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 AR210 ECU not working

jtvida

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone. Hope you can help. Recently, I had one of my two engine control units (ECU) stop working on my 2011 AR210 following a silly (or stupid) mix up on the batteries. I am trying to find part [HASH=5933]#6S8[/HASH]-8591A-12-00 to replace it. Like so many other things, they are backordered everywhere and seems like there are only 2 in Japan which will take 8 weeks to get here. Does anyone have any ideas? I've message some of the folks that seem to rebuild/refurbish them and I'm waiting for responses.
Also, has anyone tried the models from previous years? The -12-00 (for the 2011) is the replacement part for the 2009 and 2010 (original part -11-00 and -10-00). I'm a little worried about putting one of these in the boat while waiting for the other one to arrive but I was told they should work.
Any input and/or advice is much appreciated.

@jtvida How did you determine ECU needs to be replaced? When you say it is not working, can you elaborate?

Engine was trying to turn over but wouldn’t. Other engine fine. Changed all fuses, changed spark plugs, checked kill switches (lanyard and clean out) and then finally started swapping some of the electric components. When switched ECUs, engine worked perfectly and other one (originally worked), did the same thing. Hope that makes sense.

Ooh. Bummer. Yeah, I would say you probably narrowed it down.

An ECU is going to be hard to come by unless you can find a donor boat. Best bet will probably be one of the repair shops, if they can do that with a reversed polarity situation. Be sure you tell them that is what happened when you talk to them--don't want to spend your time and money if it is not going to do any good.

Thanks. Checking with some of the shops. Hoping maybe can use one that is 1-2 years older but don’t want to risk it until know for sure. Also, trying to tell my wife we just may need a new boat!

@jtvida Maybe it is just starter relay.

@Beachbummer, I think, has suggested bypassing relay to try starting it.

Back