• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 boat differences. AR240 to 242 Limited S

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking at two boats. One is a 2011 local to me, AR240. Black 31k.
Another is deancaster's boat. a 2011 242 limited S. 36k.
Other than the upgrades done to teh boat. (stereo, nav etc.) What are the real differences?
Color, bow lights, cabin lights (from the tower), and the rear washdown. Right? Stereo?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks a ton. Not sure how I missed that. I've been googling and searching the forum. My bad. That explains why the used LS's I'm finding tend to have better condition seats.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I guess I'm partial to Deans boat as I "built" it, but aside from all the mods, also check the oil coolers on the AR. 2011's *can* have the failure prone coolers. I know for a fact Deans boat has the updated coolers.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek I thought I had read through all your posts on the boat but I must have missed any on that.

I would be going to see Dean's this weekend but he will only have the trailer with the boat next weekend. I have an AR240 literally down the street for 5k less, just trying to compare apples/oranges.