• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited S- <OH>

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Many of you will recognize this as the boat that JasonSTL739 documented his saga on the other forum.

It is simply incredible and time to go to a new family.

Major Modifications:
-SeaDek w/Teak look, replacing the factory carpet
-Custom Audio, all Wetsounds including SYN6, XS-650 all around, WS-12, etc.; Wetsounds
-Garmin 740S with Garmin 500watt through-hull B64 transducer (located where original head unit was)
-Trust Vectors from Jetboatpilot
-Tru-locks from Jetboatpilot
-Gaffrig Throttles, TTSS configuration
-Perfectpass Wakesetter
-Abyss S1560 LED underwater light with controller
-Rear seating area "bed" to make it a huge sunpad (Jetboatpilot as well)
-Magma Kettle 2 Grill, custom flush mounted port side of the Anchor locker, Amazon
-8 Iridium spark plugs to place in after 10 hour service, Amazon
-Relocated and replaced house battery with two 31-series deep cycle, Batteries Plus
-Built-in Procharger onboard 3 bank charger, Amazon
-13.5’ keelshield, starting right under the resting waterline, Keelshield
-Tow valves in each engine’s cooling lines so that a single engine can run the boat over idle speed.
-500gph fully automatic bilge pump
-Two rod holders in the rear transom area

Trailer modifications:
-Soltz Bow roller
-“real” boat buckles, replacing the junk Yamaha ones
-Fulton 2-speed high-quality winch
-Ultimate bunk boards
-Rear back-up camera
-Boat trailer also has rear hitch to accommodate carrying a stand-up jet ski or towing another trailer(if permissible by law in your area).

Included in the SALE: 12 universal lifejackets, 2 ski/wakeboard tow ropes, mens and women's wake boards with boots and bindings, Kneeboard, 3 person Super Brawler tube, miscellaneous docking lies, bumpers, emergency radio

Just ran NADA pricing tool: LOW Retail $48,745, now I know that is a little high, but it doesn't even begin to cover the almost $15,000 in mods.

All regular maintenance performed. 216 hours on engines

Just put brand new Yamaha Mooring cover on the boat last month-IMG_1275.JPG 2012-07-24 16-1.46.58.jpg
20130823_153413.jpg
2012-04-11 17.40.04.jpg
20130823_152345.jpg
I am asking $43,900 with Everything included, boating season is just starting, don't miss out!

contact me through the forum please.[/ATTACH]

Last edited by a moderator:

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks very clean and loaded up. Good luck with it.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh, man! I was seriously envious of JasonSTL739 when he was doing all those great mods and you when you picked the boat up from him!

For any of you that were not around to witness this boat's upgrading process, rest assured it was top of the line and properly done stem to stern!

The 30 page "saga" thread from YJB: http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34481&hilit=members+saga

Can you share with us why you are selling?

Note: I am not in position to upgrade boats, but this is one fully decked-out boat that those thinking about taking the plunge should consider.

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, the boat has been great, but life has changed for us ( son will be sophomore in college, daughter a senior) and the purpose was that it was for the kids that no longer have time for us That, coupled with some pretty big projects this summer at our home and we just figured it was time to let someone else enjoy it. We will definitely have another, perhaps a bigger one, when Yamaha releases the next size up;).

There is a lot of boat here and the mods have been well thought out. I cannot wait to meet whomever it is that buys it. Act fast and take full advantage of it this summer!

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Also, it would be much appreciated if someone can explain how to remove my duplicate photo, not quite as easy as I thought it might be.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beautiful boat!

Can you tell us more about the lift mechanism in the first picture?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also, it would be much appreciated if someone can explain how to remove my duplicate photo, not quite as easy as I thought it might be.
Done! Good luck she's a beauty!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beautiful boat!

That's a common sea wall davit used in these parts. You use a strap sling or a deck mounted eyelet to hoist into and out of the water.

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat!

That was Jason's lift in KeyWEst when I first got it. It is not included with the boat:p

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks guys, do you know how he was connecting to the boat to lift her out? Also how long does the process take?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe we should split this thread!

Here's a link showing a davit hoisting a boat by 2 deck mounted lift eyes. They must be anchored deep into the structural beams in a boat of any weight. Since this yamaha in the pic does not have any visible lift points, I would assume it was lifted by nylon sling straps and a spreader bar over head to keep from crushing the hull sides.

Once the straps are in place lifting out usually takes about 5 minutes unless you have a high speed lift which will shave 2 minutes off.

http://www.boatliftdistributors.com/index.php/5500-lb-capacity-seawall-mount-electric-davit.html

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wish I had a spare $43K laying around.. Nice boat..

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
BUMP!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I was in a postion to buy a new 242 or this one, it would be this one all the way. It's already $20k cheaper than a new one and the mods are already all done. If I recall correctly the submerged light at the stearn alone was super expensive and the stereo system is incredible. This is before the depth finder/chart plotter and gaff rig throttles or any of the many other extras. Someone is going to get a great deal on a great boat.

@McGullicudy :

How many hours are on the engines?
What is your post use routine (e.g. Do you flush the engines, wash it down, etc.)?

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I was in a postion to buy a new 242 or this one, it would be this one all the way. It's already $20k cheaper than a new one and the mods are already all done. If I recall correctly the submerged light at the stearn alone was super expensive and the stereo system is incredible. This is before the depth finder/chart plotter and gaff rig throttles or any of the many other extras. Someone is going to get a great deal on a great boat.

@McGullicudy :

How many hours are on the engines?
What is your post use routine (e.g. Do you flush the engines, wash it down, etc.)?
216 hours on engine.

We only used in fresh water lakes, so truth be told, I only flushed engines a couple times a season. Hot sauce wipedown after each use and vinyl sauce as needed. Due to limited numbers of outings, boat was washed each week it was used, but typically not any more than that, if we went out multiple days in a row. Hot sauce seemed to do the trick for the most part in between the washes.

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bump!

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How about some HONEST feedback on my price. It is just kicking off the start of boating season here in Ohio, I figured my timing was excellent, but I am getting little to no interest, not even insulting offers:p

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I paid $39,500 for the exact same boat 3? months ago with only 16.4 hours. But, ZERO mods (well, older TV's). Had yours been on the market then, I would've jumped on it. That price seems like a steal with all the extras. I've spent probably 5K in mods since I bought mine, and don't have everything yours does.

McGullicudy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Now THAT sounds like a great idea!!!