• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2011 Yamaha 242 speaker wire diagram

Eric242limiteds

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry and I’m sure this has been asked before but I’m looking to separate my tower Polk tweeters from my front two speakers on my 2011 Yamaha 242 limited S. Does anyone have the wire diagram to help.

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry and I’m sure this has been asked before but I’m looking to separate my tower Polk tweeters from my front two speakers on my 2011 Yamaha 242 limited S. Does anyone have the wire diagram to help.
following

Eric242limiteds

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
following
I got under the helm placed new wires up to the front from my amp. I ran both front speakers in a series to keep the ohms down and wow do they bump now. Definitely recommend doing such. ( the stock wires i left alone and using them for the tweeters they are in their own section of the amp.)

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got under the helm placed new wires up to the front from my amp. I ran both front speakers in a series to keep the ohms down and wow do they bump now. Definitely recommend doing such. ( the stock wires i left alone and using them for the tweeters they are in their own section of the amp.)
Hi Eric.... I just want to be clear, did you wire the speakers in series or parallel? You stated "speakers in a series to keep the ohms down" but when wiring in series you actually increase the ohm load. Did you mean in parallel?
I am about to add an amp to my system and I was planning on wiring the speakers in parallel, but I was hoping someone already had a diagram on how they did it. I did not want to reinvent the wheel. I feel like there are different ways that I could wire up the speakers together.

Eric242limiteds

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There in a series, when putting in parallel first I had a lot of distortion so i went this direction and they are good now.... they are wet sound’s and the amp is a fusion