• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy 2012-2013, 242LS or 212x

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife has green-lighted a new boat for our family. After being a long-time Yamaha Waverunner owner and SeaDoo X-20 owner, I have always lurked the Yamaha forums for a 21-24' boat.

My reason for this vintage is the updated hull and tip-down towers. A 2013 with any leftover YES contract would be preferred. There seems to be more and more falling into the NADA used pricing. Enough that I am not interested in any boats priced near their MSRP when new being compared to 2015+ prices.

I have no issues driving for the right deal. I am in North-Central MN, so I can go East or West. We have a month before ice-out. But all you guys down South enjoying the boating life already is giving me the itch.

I will have a 20' SeaDoo X-20 for sale, but I will leave those details for my For Sale ad to come.

Thank you!

deancastor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2011 242LS, so one year earlier than you are looking. But I have just decided to sell. I love this boat, it is awesome. I bought it a little over two years ago from another member on this site, and only selling because I want to move to a 30-32 foot boat. I am all the way down in Hilton Head Island, SC so also very far, but let me know if you have any interest and I will get you all details on boat and price. Thanks.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you, please pm me any info, or email to biff@biff.org

I am responding here, as I want to share my reasoning on the 2012 and above. I really am of the impression I want a tip down tower for storage under a lift with a canopy. Winter storage, I could just take the tower off if needed.

If anyone has replaced the Allen bolts with hand bolts to allow tip down, let me know if that is possible. Otherwise, I think I am still in the market for a 2012+. I guess that is why there are two definitive value drops at 2015 and 2012 on these 242’s.

Thank you Deancastor. I will watch for your info, as a member boat is always interesting.

Yamaha4sale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m down in Stuart, Fl and have a 2015 242 Limited S. Only has 39 hrs on it just don’t have the time to use it much. If you are interested let me know.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the offer. But a 2015 is not going to be in my budget. I have a 5000lb lift to purchase yet. Thank you though!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@biffdotorg , a friend of mine in Toronto Canada is planing to sale this 2010 212X. Close to 100 hours. Is that too far you? Do you want me to get his contact info and you can chat with him?
He is nice guy and I am fairly positive he will give you good deal .

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the lead Betik. I’m holding out for the newer hull design and features of at least a 2012 or newer.

Thank you though.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are welcome.
I actually have a 2012 SX240. Just boat a tower and aluminum trailer for it.... Maybe I should ask my wife if she wants to upgrade

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That would be interesting for those that like the double captains chairs. As the AR's only have one correct? Is it that beautiful blue too? HA.

From what I hear, folks in Frisco love us folks from the Fargo, ND area. You have seen plenty of us down there over the past few years! Go Bison!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I only have a single captain chair. On the port side, i have what my kids call a "transformer" chair.
Yes it is the Yacht Blue with the 1 foot random patterns on the bow side. You need to make a Bimini trip to eat the special graphics though LOL

so when are we going to see you down here ??????????????

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You know what would be fun, would be a road trip to come down to buy a boat, take the trip and then trailer it home.

Although, I am a totally novice when it comes to offshore boating. That’s a whole different story for us inlanders. The largest water I navigate is Lake of the Woods.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
come visit and you might never go back......

In regard to offshore, I took the Bimini trip in 2017 with 20 hours of lake experience. And the 2018 crossing was not the smoothest one in the world. LOL

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife tingled at the thought of making the trip to Bimini on a newly purchased boat. Her dream is to retire on a big boat. She would like nothing more than to just have a post office box for an address. It's tough to imagine living in Minnesota.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The owners of this dealership are friends of mine. He just got this in on consignment.

https://performanceeast.com/Power-Boats-Inboard-Yamaha-242-Limited-S-2013-Goldsboro-NC-e9b2884e-cc23-488f-9cc9-a8b80169bec1

If you are interested, let me know and I'll put you directly in touch with the owner.
Thanks for the lead. They are right at high NADA, so they are in the ballpark. Especially for a 2013 with tip down tower. I'm guessing it's safe to assume by the stock number it's a consignment. Private sale may avoid the taxes too.

I'm going to have to stick to my budget and pass. Thank you though! Keep the leads coming!

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The owners of this dealership are friends of mine. He just got this in on consignment.

https://performanceeast.com/Power-Boats-Inboard-Yamaha-242-Limited-S-2013-Goldsboro-NC-e9b2884e-cc23-488f-9cc9-a8b80169bec1

If you are interested, let me know and I'll put you directly in touch with the owner.
Yo @LukePrinsloo check this out.
@redthumper9 I am interested. I just called the dealer but got a voicemail for the marine sales guy.

Last edited: