• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 242 LS audio issues

Michepe69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Need help-My sound system is acting funny. Sounds like battery is dead but it's fully charged. When I do 2 Zones the front speakers work fine. It's like I blew an amp or some circuit. Does the factory audio come with amps? If so-where are they? Where should I start trouble shooting? 2012 242LS, all stock AquaticAV sound system.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like your head unit is failing. The stock system on a 242 did not include any amps.

Michepe69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was planning on upgrading the head unit to a Fusion MS-U750 next season, I guess I'd have to bite the bullet and do it now if it turns out to be my stock head unit kicking the bucket. Is there any way of trouble shooting my stock head unit? Has anyone upgraded to the Fusion unit I mentioned? is it plug and play or do I need to re-wire? There is someone with a stock head unit in working condition that he took out for an upgrade, not sure if worth it or just upgrade. Also-my boat still under YES warranty, calling dealer tomorrow to see what's covered...

Michepe69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Update-called dealer and they'll look at it under warranty. I had left the unit open thinking maybe water/humidity got in it. It was kind of hot yesterday. Got home to do my oil changes, turned audio on while working on boat and it worked fine. Could it be that water got inside unit when washing boat last time? It probably had the cover open when hosing it down. Or maybe just humidty could shorten something inside?

Gary Traina

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good chance, water and electronics dont mix well. If they will replace under warranty go for it!

Michepe69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Warranty only covers head unit for 2 years as per my dealer. Guess I will be upgrading sooner than what I tought!