• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 242 minor audio upgrade

jsragman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Bought a 2012 242 Limited and wanted to simply update the audio to a BT-enabled system. I opted for a Fusion MS-RA70NSX system, as it was advertised to fit into a single DIN receiver. Well it does fit, but the cover plate is not big enough to cover the hole from the aquatics head unit that was installed. So, I had to find a cover plate, and found a 3D printer on eBay (he also sells on Amazon) for a blanking plate. He advertises it as a "Clarion plate" but it works fine for my needs (with drilling new holes in the dash for mounting).

As far as the wiring goes, I cut the connector plug/wires off the old unit, and then soldered/shrink wrapped it to the connector supplied with the Fusion. I had downloaded the diagram for the old unit, and the speaker wire color codes matched with the Fusion system, so that was easy. The power routing was a bit different, but I simply put spade connectors on those and receivers on the known power/grd lines i had available.

Fusion unit pairs bluetooth easily, and works just as well as the original. there are wireless remote pucks that are available (haven't decided to buy one yet). It probably won't turn heads on Crab Island (in Destin) but it works fine for me. I hadn't seen this "minor upgrade" posted before, so I just wanted to let folks know it's pretty easy.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Lots of similar head-unit upgrades posted on this site. Adding an amp and some inexpensive speakers like Polk or Kicker will really wake up the stereo system if that's what you want. Lots of posts about that too.