• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2012 242LS radio (Aquatic AV AQ-iP-3B) is shutting off

Mike Rock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Like I said my 2012 242LS radio (Aquatic AV AQ-iP-3B) is shutting off from time to time by itself. Anyone have this happen to them and or have a fix for it?

It is happening with that unit as well as with the JBL units. I have no idea what causes it @Mike Rock , but the process to get it fixed if under warranty, is to replace the remote, if that doesn't fix it, then the harness, if still no good, the radio. I don't have your unit, but I have read issues with the wireless remote, and reports it works good with a wired remote. I found the "fix" to be disconnecting my wired remote. It is at PD right now for several different warranty items, including the radio NOT being able to be shut off.

That has to be frustrating.....buy a new boat and the radio has issues, and this isn't the first time Yamaha has had issues with the boat radio. I guess in the grand scheme of things when a company bids a big job ( radio company ) they try to do it as cheap as possible to make a good margin. It is a shame the quality has to suffer.

Mine will shut off when the voltage is low. Any chance you are seeing electrical issues too?

No @davel501 , battery is a brand new continental and I keep it on the PulseTech, it shows 100%. The boat starts fine and never have an issue getting the radio to play...just couldn't shut it off...until someone reminded me these issues are somehow related to the remote/harness/HU and unplugging the remote gave me control over the HU back. But I won't live life without the remote. I will however get it fixed one way or the other.

Thanks,,, I will try unhooking the remote and see what happens in the next few days. Well let you know how it goes. BTW, this is the third year for the radio for me so I can't complain too much. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Hope all have a great weekend and are able to enjoy some water time somewhere. For us, its Sat at the lake and Sun in the home in the pool both days with friends..

Short update on the radio turning off from time to time. The remote in the back seems to be KIA. The remote was working for about ten mins when we started the day and the radio cut off three time. The remote went blank, nothing, no screen, not working to the touch or anything else... The radio did not shut off the rest of the day.. worked like a charm. So maybe it is the remote. Next time out, if every things is working fine with out the remote... I have a water proof floating remote that I have never use and is still in the package Im going to try and see what happens.

Hope everyone has a Great Day..

Back