• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 SX240 No Start. Click only.

Pridemore1212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I thank you in advance for any advice and suggestions with my struggles. I have a 2012 Yamaha SX240. Starboard motor starts and runs, but port motor will not start. It turned over once or twice the other day, then would only slowly crank, but no turning over. I put new batteries in, checked all the connections to starter, batteries, and switch. I checked the safety switches in the rear hatch and the lanyard. The impeller housings and whatnot seem to be clear and no damage done. I don't recall ever sucking anything up, as this is my first issue since winter. I'm only getting a loud click now. Spark plugs are good, but I do smell gas on them and have gas on them I believe. Oil looks good but does smell of gas as well. Any suggestions? I have a new starter solenoid relay coming in this week that I will try.

Last edited:

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Relay is fine. It’s clicking. Your starter is bad. eBay it for a $100. Easy fix.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had to do it 3 times on my old ar230. But that’s way better than spending 700 for the one Yamaha sells.

Pridemore1212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had to do it 3 times on my old ar230. But that’s way better than spending 700 for the one Yamaha sells.
This is true. I have a relay coming in today that I'll try before the starter since I already ordered it.