• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2012 yam sitting winterized since 2017

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Quick question-

I winterized my boat myself Oct of 2017. Didn't use it last season since I was away all summer. I'm going to get it back into the water soon. Is my stabilized gas still ok? Fuel tank was topped off before storage, fuel stabilized, engines fogged, anti freeze ran through, etc.

Normally I'd take half out of the tank and fill my truck up with it, but I have a brand new taco that I really don't want to do that with. I've never let my toys sit this long and just wondering if there is anything I should pay particular attention to.

Thanks

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Quick question-

I winterized my boat myself Oct of 2017. Didn't use it last season since I was away all summer. I'm going to get it back into the water soon. Is my stabilized gas still ok? Fuel tank was topped off before storage, fuel stabilized, engines fogged, anti freeze ran through, etc.

Normally I'd take half out of the tank and fill my truck up with it, but I have a brand new taco that I really don't want to do that with. I've never let my toys sit this long and just wondering if there is anything I should pay particular attention to.

Thanks
If you used ethanol in the boat , no. Regular gas possibly.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What stabilizers did you use? It's been 18 months.

I used seafoam in my i/o and it sat for 2 years and I had no issues.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Me personally, I would add a bottle of star tron, hit the lake and burn half a tank. Fill tank, add star tron again and run it all out. I think you could then refill tank with fresh gas and treat with stabil marine.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm debating between draining it all and getting rid of all that gas or taking half out and topping it off with 93 octane.