• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 242 limited S water in motors

Greg Muscott

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
New to me 2013 242 limited S. Launched last weekend and plug e ded up coming out filling my engine compartment with water completely. One motor runs, one motor won't turn over. Pulled plugs and air filters. Everything all wet. Am I screwed? What should I do first? Looks like water in one motor that the plug didn't come out. Motor shut off by itself. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Greg

Sx240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
change oil right away and oil filters probably have to change it 2 or 3 times from what I’ve read on these forums

Sx240

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Turn motor over to get water out of cylinders

Orojet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This exact same thing happened to me. Did you fix this? Would one engine only click once? If so, how did you solve?

Last edited:

Orojet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very concerning that the motor won’t turn over

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Orojet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You are supposed to be able to take spark plugs out then turn the engine over to get water out. When I attempt to turn over engine - it is still just one click and does not turn

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like the electrical system is wet preventing the motor from turning over. While the plugs are out have someone watch the plugs as you spin the impeller by hand to see if water comes into the plug area . Even better if you have a turkey bastor put a hose on the end long enough that it wont fall in the cylinder try to suck water out of the cylinders if there is any. Water will tend to leak past the rings into the motor where it mixes with the oil removing the plugs eliminates potential hydro lock that can bend the connecting rods. Air compresses water does not compress as easily and thats what breaks parts in the motor with the plug out water has a place to go.

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its possible the one click is starter relay engaging but not being able to turn engine over due to hydro lock. Make sure plugs are out of engine before start. Second If spark plugs are out and it only clicks once, and starter does not turn engine over its possible starter was affective with the water as well.