• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 242 Limited S, YDS database file not found

rost5501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello. I have a 2013 242 Limited S and YDIS version 1.33 with firmware 1.33. I am getting the following error when running the YDS software: System file not found "SE1020.dbf". Anyone run across this before? Any suggestion on how to fix (other than have the dealer scan it, lol).

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well a dbf file is a database file. Sounds like it is missing a file on the computer you are running it on or the file is on the wrong location.

rost5501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I used this link, got sw free in the video links too.
YDS 1.33
Thanks for sharing the link, great video! But still get the same error “SE1020.dbf” file not found. The dbf folder does not have files with that high of a number.

Flenz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
1.33 only works through 2012 model. 2013 uses 1.7 which is not found for retail sale. I had to buy a different tester, CanDoo Pro to read codes.

rost5501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
1.33 only works through 2012 model. 2013 uses 1.7 which is not found for retail sale. I had to buy a different tester, CanDoo Pro to read codes.
Thanks for sharing this. Looks like $449.00 for the base unit plus $39.99 after the 1st year for the annual maintenance fee. A bit "pricey" I will have to look into his some more.

rost5501

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Update: I purchased the CanDoo Pro and had 144 (may have been 145) code (low voltage), and 206 (O2 sensor) codes. Batteries where a few year old so I just replaced them and purchased a new O2 sensor. Installed new parts/cleared the codes and she runs like a champ now.

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Update: I purchased the CanDoo Pro and had 144 (may have been 145) code (low voltage), and 206 (O2 sensor) codes. Batteries where a few year old so I just replaced them and purchased a new O2 sensor. Installed new parts/cleared the codes and she runs like a champ now.
What issues were you having that nudged you to use YDS?