• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 AR190 sitting for 3 years, what to check?

Mhorn0817

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Everyone, I just wanted to get some opinions on what to check, change, replace on a 2013 ar190 that's been sitting for 3 years. Boat was properly winterized and always Marina maintained since new (April 2013). The boat has roughly 150 hours on it. I talked to the Marina and they suggested to do the normal oil and filter change, spark plug change, greasing, pump out old fuel. I asked about air filter replacement and they said it shouldn't need to be replaced. I asked about replacing fuel pump and they recommended replacing it if it was faulty.

I was just curious if there was anything else I should have done, checked, replaced or any other thoughts or concerns. Thank you in advance.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You may need to check the impeller and see if it is locked up inside the pump liner, when these boats sit the liner may swell up from dissimilar metal corrosion and lock the impeller making some people think the engine is seized because it won't turn over. obviously you will need to replace the battery and clean the ground connections at the engine

Mhorn0817

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Battery replacement was also part of the list that I forgot to mention.

Hopefully everything moves freely but thank you for the heads up.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
also be sure the steering and reverse cables are moving freely "not binding up"

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Also check every clamp on all the hoses as they may be rusted and falling off by now

Mhorn0817

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would you have the fuel pump replaced since it's been sitting?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No that can be checked for pressure but I have never had an issue with those, fuel sending units Don't even get me started on that but the fuel tank must be cleaned completely and be sure the throttle body is working properly not hanging up or sticking.

Mhorn0817

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay I just wanted to be sure. I had a friend with a 2012 ar190 that was used regularly and the fuel pump randomly went out without warning. Figured since the tank was going to be pumped out it would be easy to replace then.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'd pull the spark plugs and look for corrosion. Any water remaining in the exhaust combined with open exhaust valves could lead to some corrosion in a cylinder.

Test the bilge pump. Inspect all hoses and fittings for deterioration, especially the cockpit drains.

Check behind the dash for signs of corrosion on all the electrical terminals. Test the grounds at the dash and at the engine.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Okay I just wanted to be sure. I had a friend with a 2012 ar190 that was used regularly and the fuel pump randomly went out without warning. Figured since the tank was going to be pumped out it would be easy to replace then.
Most electrical issues are caused by bad connections . If it ain't broken don't break it.

Mhorn0817

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm hoping no type of corrosion in the motor. It was fogged properly when winterize. Hopefully it lasted.