• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 AR190 Tower feels "loose"

dscable

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As the title says, I have an AR190 (old style tower). It may just be me paying more attention, but lately it seems like the tower "moves" more when towing the boat over bumpy roads, or on the water in chop. I can't see any new (there was already a little) gel coat cracking at the mount points, and none of the bolts seem loose...It just seems to sway a little more than I remember. Again, it could just be me paying more attention to it because I am paranoid. Anyone else have this? Should the tower be completely rigid to the boat? In other words, when I reach up and purposely shake it, should the boat shake with it, or should it move a little independent of the boat?

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My tower similar to yours has a bunch of movement in it. I was watching it while ridding passenger one day and thought to myself, that i would never pull anything heavy from the tower cause it seemed so flimsy

Calphor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@dscable, I have the same situation. My 2012 AR190 move quite a bit and tends to rattle when I get into choppy water. Every time the tower rattles, I reach up and check the screw knobs. They have been tight every time. I haven’t checked inside the hull at the hull connection plates. Maybe that is a place to check next. The easiest is probably the port forward location since you should be able to get into the storage compartment and get a visual. I’ll take a look at mine this week and let you know if I find anything.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My tower does the same thing. I can rack it from side to side with quite a bit of movement. Everything is tight & I don't have any cracking or spidering but one thing to remember is, It's mounted to a fiberglass hull that flexes so it IS going to move

dscable

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My tower does the same thing. I can rack it from side to side with quite a bit of movement. Everything is tight & I don't have any cracking or spidering but one thing to remember is, It's mounted to a fiberglass hull that flexes so it IS going to move
It looks like the consensus is that this is normal. I think I'll just try and not worry about it. Thanks for chiming in guys!