• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 SX190 JetBoatPilot.com SeaDek Install

jwildone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thought I would post thoughts and pictures from my project. I think the end result is exceptional!

1. The back pad is 100 times easier to remove when it's cold. I have a heated garage. My first attempt was with the heater on and using a blowdryer to heat the pad up. It took me as long to remove one small pad next to the cup holder as it did all remaining turf once I attempted to do it when the garage heater was off and the temperature in the garage was in the low 40s. When it was cold, I simply had to get it started and then pull like hell, BUT the glue would remain on the pad instead of separating from the pad and remaining on the boat. I honestly believe this is why JetBoatPilot's instructions say to apply SeaDek at greater than 60 degrees. The glue adheres to the boat much better in the heat. If you can remove the factory turf at a low temperature, do it! Be very careful not to break the seal and make sure the adhesive remains intact and adhered to the mat, not the boat.

2. Do not use a medal scraper to remove adhesive from the boat. I know you want to. I wanted to. I did. Don't! Use the rubber wheel, use fingernail polish remover, use goo-gone, use a plastic scraper, don't use medal :)

3. When I unsnapped the carpet my large square area over the fuel tank in the floor of my boat slid around quite a bit. Like an inch or so in different directions. It wasn't very safe when stepping down on to it or off of it to get in and out of the boat. I added rubber adhesive backed weather strip inside and it seals perfectly now, with no sliding.

4. JetBoatPilot.com is awesome, and the people that work there are great. Kelly and David were both a tremendous help.

5. SeaDek is currently unable to make the dual density pads for the top swim platform. They're working on it, and hope to have it resolved by the eoy. I would have held out, but I'm not that patient. I may replace mine with dual density if they get it resolved.

6. The name of the lake we boat on is Rough River Lake, thus the name of the boat "Rough Life".

Please feel free to ask questions.

Pictures to follow.

Last edited:

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice work! I’m torn between the brown and the grey, but the more I see the grey the more I think that’s the way to go.

I’m anxious to get a set of these as well, but will probably see if can stretch another season out out of my carpet.

From everything I’ve read I doubt I’d want to do this mid-season anyway, as the heat seems to be a major issue when removing the old stuff.