• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 SX190 tach replacement

Milligsc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Folks, I cant seem to find a tach in stock anywhere and also cant find anyone to repair mine. The LCD is nearly unreadable, I believe its the polarized film on the gauge (Texas boat) that's bad. I bought a new starboard tach from a 2013 ar240 but it shows comm error and the tach just sweeps back an forth. I have read that maybe a port tach would work from another boat. Does anyone have any info on this? Any info appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What boat are you exactly dealing with? A 2013 SX190 in the title or a 2016 242 that's in your profile?

Milligsc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2013 sx 190. I have 3 boats right now, 2006 ar230 ,2013 sx 190 and a 16 242 limited s. Im selling the first two by the way.

kevinking02

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We're you able to find a new tach for the sx190? I took mine apart a few weeks back and broke the connector holding the ribbon. I tried ordering one off of Partzilla but they keep emailing and pushing the delivery back due to the tach being backordered. Any help is appreciated.

Milligsc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Carlos at quickflip repaired mine for $250. Looks like new. They have ebay adds for other repairs.Screenshot_20221224_095650_Messages.jpg