• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2013 Yamaha AR192 heat soak

Peter C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been reading about the heat soak issue and the easy fix. I am considering buying this boat. I boat 3 hours north of Toronto Canada and the water never goes above 75 degrees. Would heat soak still be an issue?
Anyone know? Any opinion greatly appreciated.
Thx

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Lake test the boat on a hot day. If it can maintain above 46-47 mph after running hard for 30 minutes then it's good to go. If not, then it will need an intercooler upgrade.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you love the boat, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm in Minnesota and the lake temps will reach the 80's. I've never noticed it enough to upset me and I've never had an issue pulling a wakeboarder out of the water, even loaded with 5 adults. That said, I did do the upgrade after a couple years of owning mine. I figured for $150-$200 and a bolt on swap, what the hell.

Peter C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thx for your input guys. The one I was considering sold on the weekend, so the hunt continues.

RookieJetBoater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thx for your input guys. The one I was considering sold on the weekend, so the hunt continues.
FYI. We have an AR192 on a lake just 1hr south of you. The boat is awesome with the exception of the power loss ?heatsoak? issue.

Our lake hit 70c a couple of weeks ago. Combined with air temp over 20c the heat soak problem has returned :(

After first 15minutes boat won't go over 40mph and 7100 RPM. I am looking for a solution to resolve this. I noticed that the 2016 version of the boat may have an upgraded intercooler?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
FYI. We have an AR192 on a lake just 1hr south of you. The boat is awesome with the exception of the power loss ?heatsoak? issue.

Our lake hit 70c a couple of weeks ago. Combined with air temp over 20c the heat soak problem has returned :(

After first 15minutes boat won't go over 40mph and 7100 RPM. I am looking for a solution to resolve this. I noticed that the 2016 version of the boat may have an upgraded intercooler?
The 2016 192's like mine are still SHO and don't come with the upgraded SVHO parts found on the 2017+ 195's. The SVHO intercooler is a direct bolt on upgrade to the SHO engine and will get rid of heat soak.

Peter C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does the heat soak only effect top end?

If you do not get the upgrade will it effect the engine long term?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does the heat soak only effect top end?

If you do not get the upgrade will it effect the engine long term?
It doesn't hurt the engine aside from robbing you of power. It's a $150 fix is you can find the SVHO intercooler or spend a little more and you can go aftermarket.

Peter C

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So if I was to buy a used 192 that has not had the upgraded inter cooler installed, the engine should be fine.
I am considering used that's why all the questions.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I've got a 2014 AR192 approaching 100 hours. I boat in similar climate to you, maybe a little warmer. I have never experienced any performance issues whatsoever. I have never gone WOT for half hour either though. The hardest I ever make my boat work is for surfing, and have never had trouble with that. I have gone 156 miles in a day though, no issues there either. And towards the end of the trip I still had plenty of power to get her up towards 50 when the rest of the jetboaters I was running with wanted to open em up:thumbsup:

Edit: no engine mods on mine.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So if I was to buy a used 192 that has not had the upgraded inter cooler installed, the engine should be fine.
I am considering used that's why all the questions.
The intercooler upgrade does not adversely affect the engine or reliability. These engines when buying a new AR195 boat now come with the upgraded intercooler.

Last edited: