• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 195 HOI Gas Gauge

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Since the Day I purchased my boat, The fuel gauge never reads all bars, always off by one. The Dealer has replaced the sender twice and finally came back with its a manufacturing defect that can't be fixed and its better to read less gas so I never run out LOL. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a permanent fix?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what a disappointment, I hate the give up answer, where is the defect? in the sender, the dash, the tank, why doesn't every scarab have the same problem then?

Our yamaha's had a two small adjustment screws on the sender to calibrate the full and empty ranges, not sure if you have them but it's worth a look if it's easy to access, ours were covered with a putty type material I would guess so they wouldn't get moved by accident,

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Mine has the same issue, it hasn't bothered me enough to take it in.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
@Scottintexas I'm going to look into that if the dealer doesn't come up with a proper fix. Thanks for the info.

@Eric195 good to know I'm not the only one, the boat will be going back to the dealer in a few weeks. I'll see what they have to say about it after I complain some more.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I noticed my gas gauge was dropping a bar pretty quick after filling up. Off by one bar.

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yup--same issue on my 195HOI. Never cared enough to bring it in for that

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It's the same on my Scarab too...my Seadoo jet ski as well

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Since the Day I purchased my boat, The fuel gauge never reads all bars, always off by one. The Dealer has replaced the sender twice and finally came back with its a manufacturing defect that can't be fixed and its better to read less gas so I never run out LOL. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a permanent fix?
I have never seen full bars on the fuel gauge

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't know if it's any consolation, but my 2014 215HO reads just fine, so it can work properly.

Eric195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok so it’s unanimous, if anyone has the time to leave their boat at the dealership over the summer and they come up with the issue let us all know so we might be able to fix ours.

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
When I fill my tank in water at marina gas dock, I have to have someone sit on drivers side to tilt boat that way. It will fill all the way that way. If I fill when boats level it won't fill all the way, kinda chokes on air. Weird huh?