• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 212x vs 2019 sx210

Hawkeye1218

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have been trolling this website for awhile now as I have been contemplating purchasing a jet boat or stern drive and I wanted to tap into this knowledge base! We have finally decided that a jet boat is the best option for our family - primarily because of ease of maintenance, good all around boats, safety, and minimal draft. We have 14 y/o and 12 y/o girls and one of them is quite into sports, while the other is the opposite. So, we would probably be mostly tubing, some skiing, and maybe getting into wake boarding and potentially surfing. I grew up on a 150 Evinrude outboard, but haven't had a boat since college. We are wanting to purchase the boat for next season (small lake in northern MI), and I think the fall is the best time to get a deal. I have a couple of options that are decent deals right now, and wanted to get everyone's opinion.

1. 2019 SX210. I test drove this boat a month ago and it suits our needs fine. I have always been concerned about the noise of jet boats and this was the primary reason for the test drive. It was fine - much less than a 1985 outboard for sure. It lacked top end speed, but as my wife says "why do we need to ever go fast." I didn't love the top end speed - and always pushing down on the throttle for more. I can get this boat out the door with a cover for $40K. This includes dealer freight and prep of $2500, which absolutely drives me nuts. But, it is what it is...

2. 2014 212X. A good friend of mine is moving on to a real wake boat - super air nautique G21. He has a 2014 212X that he will sell to me for what the dealer will give him for his trade. What man doesn't like a good deal right? The boat has 310 hours and has been meticulously maintained. We don't need this much boat, but can't pass up a good deal. If I can get it for the right price, then I will probably go this route. Maybe $33k-$35k??? I really am not sure what the dealer will offer him. We are going out for a test ride on Sunday to check out the engine "noise." This is my biggest concern! I have this weird obsession with rattles in cars, etc and a loud boat might drive me nuts. But, I also like the idea of having more power. And, of course, the deal!

Anyway...which of these do you think would be a better "deal" and boat for our family? Knowing what little you know about my noise phobia, is there a considerable difference between a 2014 212X and a 2019 SX210? Is the 2014 212X really loud or is this just an urban legend?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I’d go with the X. It will have a tower which will help in resale. More powerful as well over the TR1 engines in the SX.

Buy our 2014 212x. It’s already dialed in for an amazing wake!

That would be one helluva road trip!

Based on what I’ve been offered on a 2015 212X, with a lot less hours, I’m thinking a dealer is going to go north of $25-$28k on the 2014.

That being said, I’d probably go for the 212X, but I’m biased.

With 310 hrs... no way a dealership gives him over 30k.
The buddy discount would be high 20”s or low 30”s.

I just bought my 14 212x with 80 hours for right at 34k.

The 14 is going to definitely be louder. There are ways to combat it I believe, but at the end of the day it is what suits your needs best that matters. The 212x has a max of about 50mph, but we cruise typically around 30mph “ I think” I more or less go off of Rpm, and I set it anywhere between 5200 and 6000 rpm.

Back