• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 212x what would you sell it for?

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I am seriously throwing around the idea of going to v-drive and am debating what would be a reasonable price to sell my 212x for. Basically all my mods are listed in the signature. But I'm pushing close to 10 000 invested into it. Currently owe 10 grand left on the boat, so I'm coming up positive anyway I do it. But trying to debate what is a reasonable amount to tack on for my mods. Debated throwing this is in the buy and sell, but not quite at the sell point yet.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Guess one thing to remember as well, as I'm located in Canada, with the candian dollar taking a beating right now, all new boats coming from the states will be even more expensive this year for us.

thegrapeguy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Interesting question since I was looking at this exact boat used in my city. The seller had no mods except an extra cover. He had the mooring/bow with snaps and full cover plus factory cover. So 3 covers essentially. He held at 40k USD and I held at 37,500... He would not budge. The boat has about 16 hrs so essentially new.

I thought his price was fair but I felt the boat had depreciated 2 seasons since the amount of boatable days left this year is minimal. I'm looking for a family/wakesurfing boat and I would have got the Gantlin product.

I saw a 2013 stock 212x sell on eBay for exactly 30k recently and that depreciation scared me... So that's why I held $37,500 for the 2014. I figured on this boat 8k the first year, 6k second year, and maybe 4k the next...

I could not see your signature on my iPhone so if you could tell me the mods I would appreciate it...

Depending on your mods possibly 44K USD??? As a guess...

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Master-Spud I just sold my 2014 AR240 this past weekend. I posted it on Boattrader, here, and the "other site". I would say the price is your personal choice. If someone wants it bad enough they will buy it at any price. You must determine what you feel comfortable selling it at. Some people will appreciate your upgrades and others will not even care about them. You have time and not in a position of selling it right away. Test the water at a certain price and lower it if you want to move on a boat soon. Good luck with the sale!

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If the iPad is anything like on mobile, if you rotate your display to landscape, the signature will appear!

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
MODS seldom make there money back in Boats....they "MAY" but only if the exact buyer comes along...
Your boat is worth Maybe the top of what the selling, NOT Asking price of your current Model year is going for

Pull the MODs off that are removable without scaring the Boat
$38-42 would be a happy final $$
Your market for Your boat is much smaller than you think.
Be patient, be prepared to have it listed for months

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should be marketing your boat to Americans. $40000USD is worth almost $53000CAD. I think there are great deals to be had for Americans close to the border.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think you should list it for 15,000USD and I will purchase it tomorrow... :)

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@thegrapeguy I think you are talking about the boat I purchased on eBay. I'm not sure if the price is due to depreciation as much as motivated seller who wanted to sell one of his two boats. Boat had 15 hours on it when I got it and was in like new condition. Based on my research prior to buying that, 2011 & 2012 212x were being listed for ~40k by most sellers on various online places so when I saw that 2013 212x on eBay for buy-it-now price of 30k, I wasted no time in buying that.

@Master-Spud I saw 2014 212x blue (same as yours) sell for $35k on eBay by @JetBoatPilot. I think he had full JetBoatPilot accessory packages with it and was in like new condition with very low hours. I think it was listed few times because it did not meet his reserve price for some reason. I think if I seen that prior to my purchase of 2013, I would have jumped on that for sure. So I would say anything below $40k with your add-ons should get a lot of attention. In my mind your boat is probably worth ~$45 - $50k depending on condition and hours on it.

By the way I really like your boat color!

Last edited:

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Chillypilot Is there any special taxes or fees to consider when purchasing used boat from Canada?

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wonder if there would with mine considering I originally bought the boat in the US... Still have the original bills of sale and such...

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Master-Spud Did you had to pay any import tax when you purchased it from US? One positive surprise I found when buying mine was that in MN used boats don't have to pay sales tax as long as it's purchased from a private party even if it's from out of state. You only pay sales tax on price of the trailer.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All I had to do was pay the GST coming across the border into Canada.

Which I would of paid if I bought a new boat in Canada anyways.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Master-Spud You should post pictures of your boat and add-ons. I'm curious to see what your RockGuard looks like on the trailer. How many hours does your boat have? Did you purchase extended warranty?

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last I checked I was around the 50hr mark. No extended warranty, just couldn't justify the cost seeing how dependable these boats are. I won't be able to take pictures for another week or so, I'm up at work and don't get off shift for another week.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@dansshin I'm not sure what the rules are to import a boat into the U.S. but I'm sure the information can easily be found on the Internet.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am thinking around $40k. IMO, when you go to $45-50k, those buyers are in the "new" market. This is the downside of selling a near new boat. I bought my 2011 AR240 with 50 hours on it in the summer of 2013 for $34, 500. That initial depreciation hit is big and then levels off for a couple of years. You may want to consider keeping it for another couple of years as you won;t be taking much more depreciation over that period.