• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 AR 192 drive shaft broken, won't come out

Joesleslie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need some advice here; was boating normally around 5500 rpms when I heard a loud grinding sound and loss of power. While being towed back I was getting a little water in from the bearing housing inside the engine compartment. Was initially thinking a bearing issue, bearing housing seal, wear ring, etc. Got back to the garage, pulled the jet pump and as I was pulling out the jet pump and anticipating that the drive shaft would come out with it, I found the issue. The drive shaft broke inside the impeller. Also, the drive shaft will not come out of the boat. I was under the impression that the drive shaft comes out when you pull the jet pump. Also, looks like I have some wear inside the wear ring.
Any experts out there that can help with the following?
  1. How do I remove the drive shaft? Is is supposed to just pull out?
  2. I have water coming in from the bearing housing so I am assuming the seal is blown. Which likely means the bearing is bad. Has anyone replaced the bearing/bearing housing
2014 AR 192, salt water boater, not keen on taking it to the dealer. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Shaft should just pull straight out. On my fresh water boat it is no problem. You might want to hit yours with some kind of penetrating oil.
This is the second shaft we have seen broken. Hmmm, Yamaha got a bad batch?