• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 AR192 - Do the stock head units come with a FM antenna?

shrivel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was going through the ins and outs of my "new to me" 2014 AR192 yesterday and turned on the stereo to make sure it was working okay. I noticed that the reception for the FM radio was pretty poor. Is there an antenna connected to them (I didn't bother looking in the back of the unit :-( )?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes on most boats they do. Some people have found that they were never hooked up tho. It is just a long wire style.

shrivel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotcha. That sounds like it might be the case with mine. It might have been unplugged when the previous owner installed the amp.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Gotcha. That sounds like it might be the case with mine. It might have been unplugged when the previous owner installed the amp.
I can't wait to get rid of that horrible stock unit. The one knob design is terrible!

shrivel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't wait to get rid of that horrible stock unit. The one knob design is terrible!
It is shockingly bad. I agree. It literally took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn it off the first time I used it, and I'm a pretty tech-savvy guy.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It is shockingly bad. I agree. It literally took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn it off the first time I used it, and I'm a pretty tech-savvy guy.
thats the truth man! First interior upgrade i'm doing when I find the funds. I think we're going to hit the lake on Thursday for a little bit, see how it is. Looks to be a nice day!