• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 AR210 Replace Steering and Shift Cables

mrodz123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My next project involves replacing my steering and shift cables. The steering wheel on my 2014 AR210 is extremely stiff, and while I have read that greasing the cable can help, I've also read that doing so essentially delays the inevitable. Since I have the time now, I figured I'd go ahead and replace the cables.

Reading around, I also saw someone mention a simple test is to disconnect the cables from the jet, starting with the starboard side, and testing the steering after each ones is removed. This didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but I did so anyway and the steering still felt stiff even with both cables disengaged. I then decided to rule out the steering wheel itself by disconnecting the steering cable assembly from the steering wheel under the helm. After doing this, the wheel was smooth as butter, so I know for sure that the stiffness is coming from the cables.

Before I even begin diving deeper into the step-by-step, I decided I'd start by ordering my new cables. I read that I should buy Teleflex cables because they are a little cheaper, and that the existing stock cables should be Teleflex themselves. Someone said I can check the cables under the helm to find the part number. Inside, the only thing I can find on each cable is 79811, same on both cables. That didn't make sense because in my reading I've noted that the starboard steering cable should be one part number, and the portside cable should be another (as it is approximately one foot longer). Furthermore, I can't seem to find the OEM part number on the exploded diagram, just the various assemblies: Yamaha Boat Parts 2014 OEM Parts Diagram for STEERING | Boats.net (this may be the wrong section, but 'steering' seemed like the appropriate category).

So step 1 in this project is to purchase the right cables. Can someone please help clarify what I need to buy to replace my steering cables?

While I am taking on this project, and since the process is quite similar and I'm also experiencing stiffness on both throttles, what are the part numbers I should buy for replacing my shifting cables?

Much appreciated! :)

mrodz123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so it appears the OEM part number is F1T-U1470-10-00, and according to boats.net this item has a quantity of 2, implying that both cables are the same part number. I thought I read somewhere that the port side and starboard side cables are different?