• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 F140 XLT, shitty camera, camper top, hard to back trailer in the dark!

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I put tow mirrors on my truck to help with backing up the trailer, this helped a ton for myself. I use the standard tiny 4.7" camera some but the mirrors most of the time and have no issues. My wife cannot back the trailer up to save her (or my) life. says she cannot see the trailer at all using the huge tow mirrors (factory ones extended) My dad also has this issue. No ability to tell where the trailer is. at all. When we boat late on a friday, he always gets the trailer and spends 20 minutes trying to back it into the water. So the question is this. Has anyone got the 2014 xlt and upgraded the HU to something that still plays well with bluetooth/sync, has a nice big screen, and has a better camera that can see more. My father in law has a 2015 xlt with the bigger HU and he can see the tires on his 28' trailer while backing up. Making it much much easier to back it up. The truck is nearly paid off (by december) and I have 0 interest in spending the money the new trucks command.
20180902_065800.jpg20180826_171935.jpg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

I believe this is what you are looking for. They use all OEM equipment. I also have seen a site that uses android tablet type technology,

The reviews from that site are hit or miss, but quite a bit cheaper than the OEM solutions.