• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 GT207 Bogging down "Need Help"

Scott Smooz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2014 207GT, 146 hrs, 250 hp brp 4 tec.
Starting from the beginning.
The boat was previously worked on by previous owners "Mechanic" friend because "it didn't run right" then sat unused for two years after that.
It was a very good price so I was looking at it as a project, knowing that I was going to have to put some work into it to get it running and looking properly.
When I purchased:
There was no Throttle body installed and not on board anywhere
Wear ring 90% gone, not kidding! Impeller was fine, one very very small nick
Interior and engine bay needed a deep clean!!

First I purchased an aftermarket TB and oe gasket off web and installed.
Boat started and ran smooth up to 6000 rpm. Steady and smooth and held at 6k max.
Check engine flash with KOEO but not during KOER. Guessing previous owner never took it in for the 25hr check up!?
Called dealer about the speed limiting, and they said the new TB needs to be married to the engine software and to bring it in next week.
Ok, sounds reasonable!
I felt that I could deal with the low power for the weekend.
After about 2 hrs of run time over the next day or two, it was like a switch was flipped. It would rev right up to 8k and 40mph.
It ran great for about the next 4 hrs or run time.

Skip to next weekend at 152 hrs
I launched the boat, idled out of the marina to the lake and throttled up. Ran smooth and fast around the lake . While I was running at wot (8k rpm / 40mph). The RPM and speed fell off to 5k ish and 25mph give or take and CEL started flashing. Hit the button and it would stop for a moment and soon start to flash again.
Throttled back to idle and tried again, same problem.
Keyed off and restarted same problem.
Tried the kill switch and same issue.
Tried shutting off battery disconnect and same issue.
While still bogging I had the throttle WOT and all of a sudden back to 8K. Has done this 1-2 times during multiple runs, but not every time!
No codes listed in the the sub menu!!!
No sequence of CEL flashing, flashes continuously only when this happens
Continued to run the boat at wot back to the launch for about 2-3 min and ran fine.

Next day, I launched the boat, idled out of the marina to the lake and throttled up. Ran smooth and fast down to the beach.
Shut it off at the beach and soon as I restarted after 10 min soak the bogging was back when I throttled up.
Bogged all the way back to marina

Let the boat sit overnight, did the same thing the next day- Ran fine for about 10 min / engine warm, bogging returned.
Both scenarios seem to support the warm/hot engine issue.
Note: This bogging is not like the smooth rpm limiting like when the TB was installed! It seemed more like possibly a fuel or spark issue.

So doing some web research.
I pulled the fuel sender, drained all the fuel, inspected the two filter socks and nothing out of the ordinary. No clogging, no disintegrating socks, no debris and no water.

Now what? I installed new plugs, gapped at .030 and borrowed known good coils from friends PWC.
Took the boat out and did the same damn thing.
I did pull the intercooler tube to TB and look for any moisture, non found.
Should i physically pull intercooler from engine bay to bench check?
I would like to avoid taking to dealer at $175/hr, but will if I have to.
I am new to Jet boats and BRP, I am an auto mechanic and usually can diagnose and fix most issues. This one has me banging my head against the wall!
Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!!
Smooz

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hey did you ever get anything figured out? Last time I had my boat out, the engine revved up and a few seconds later it lost nearly all power, I tried turning it off and back on but no luck, had to idle back to boat ramp, threw a check engine light getting on the trailer, gonna have to take it to the dealer..
-charlie

Scott Smooz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I bit the bullet and took it to the dealer. They scanned it and said that there were throttle body codes still in the system. They cleared codes and married the TB to the pcm software. The mechanic drove the boat nearly minutes and said there was no issue. I haven't taken the boat out since the dealer to confirm function. Were in Michigan.

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Ah ok, thanks for the update
-Charlie