• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 monster ski tower repair

slaubman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Hi,

I have a 2014 215 with the Monster ski tower. Unfortunately, I’ve learned the hard way not to lower the tower since trying to get it raised and locked back in place is practically impossible. The main problem appears to be that the stock bolts (Photo below) are not well aligned and have become stripped over time. I purchased replaced bolts and am wondering if anyone else has fixed a similar issue and has any advice how to proceed. Right now, I’m considering having the local marina tap new holes in the tower for the new bolts.

Thanks!

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Not seeing any photos.
I have a 2015 215 with the tower, and have not had any issues dropping or putting it back up. The base plate may need to be adjusted. You can get at the bolts that secure the base if you remove the side cushions. There are 2 philips head screws at the bottom of the cushion; both in the middle of the lowest sections. If you run your finger along the bottom of the side cushion, you can feel the screws. Once you have them out, the side cushion lifts straight up. There is a cutout in the fiberglass that gives you access to the tower mounting plate. I’ve never messed with the base plate; but that’s how you get at it. You should be able to loosen the mounting bolts and realign the bolts and shift the base a bit.
I would get a tap and die/thread chaser to try and salvage the existing tower lowering bolt/nut setup. Probably also worth reaching out to Monster Tower to see if you can get new bolts.
If you’re not a DIY-er, take it to the local marina, but insist that the realign the base plate.

Last edited: