• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 scarab 195 HO check engine light error code p2097

Piero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello everyone im trying to figure out this problem with my 2014 scarab 195 HO , the boat runs fine to me but that engine light is annoying , i went to the local seadoo dealer here in CANCUN MEXICO Because that is where it was purchased they are not familiar with the boat since its the only one they sold , they mainly sell only jetskys soo they told me that to remove the code will probably need a new oxygen sensor and a new catalyc exhaust and if i order the parts will take months , does anyone here know or has had this problem before can you please help? Thanks everyone

Jacques

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi Piero, I had a similar problem with only few hours in the engine, took 2 attempts from the dealer to delete the codes without replacing the O2 sensors expecting the problem disappears by itself. 3rd attempt, O2 sensors replaced, no issues afterwards. Took between 2-3 weeks to get the sensors at the dealer and replace them. I am not sure if it was a dealer or supplier issue that made it so slow. It was under warranty and there was no need to replace the exhaust.
Your dealer should be able to get more support from BRP/Scarab, but looks like the dealer issue is a problem across the board.

Piero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply , yes my boat has only 47 hours but the dealer here says thta when they connect the machine to see the code error it does not show in their scanner that they see it on the dash of the boat but but not in the scanner , the other thing is where can i buy the sensors online ? I tryed scarabboats.com but they only sell accesories and in the parts catalog thensensors do not show, does anyone know where i can buy oem parts online for scarb 195 HO ??

Piero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank youELIO195HOI And thank youJETTECH72 i actually bought the oxygen sensor from chiefenterprises thank you for the help, also wanted to ask as far as the oxygen sensors its only one or more?

Piero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Reason i ask its because in the links its 2 different part numbers

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
There are 2x O2 sensors in the exhaust system, one before the catalytic converter & one after the catalytic converter.
It's the same part that can be installed at both location, I gave you 2 different purchasing points which use different part number, but again it's the same part.

As far as your fault code P2097, this is related to the 2nd O2 Sensor (after catalytic converter).
The problem with O2 sensor faults is that they are often a collateral result of another issue.

Piero

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Oh ok thank you for your help jettech72 i appreciate it I will try installing the new o2 sensor hopefully the check engine goes off unless it needs a scaner to erase the error.