• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 Scarab 195 HO

jkirk30

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hey guys!
I’ve searched for what I’m specifically running into with my boat and haven’t found the same issue.
Recently had my super charger rebuilt, throttle body replaced, and O2 sensors replaced. After getting the boat back it ran great then I got a code for bad fuel. Ran some fuel cleaner through it and it ran fine.
Now the boat won’t go over 5k rpms or over 10mph with the engine compartment closed.
i was running the boat and had my son take control while I checked the motor to see if I could hear something with the engine compartment opened. After opening the compartment for a few second the boat jumped up to 7000+ rpm’s and was running as it should. At that point I closed the compartment and after a few seconds it dropped back down. When I open the compartment it runs as it should like it’s finally getting enough air.
I replaced the air filter and still having the same issue. I removed the air filter and covered with clothe to see if maybe the filter I was using was restricting the air but that wasn’t the case.

What could this issue be? I’m thinking it’s possibly a tune issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
NOTE: there are no codes, warning lights, or cavitation issues.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Definitely odd. I'm intrigued.

You had a bad fuel code? I've never heard of that. What was the code?

I doubt it's a "tune" problem. Way more likely it's a fuel or spark problem. Air issues have just not happened on these boats. Not saying it's impossible, just not a thing. So I'd concentrate on fuel/spark. I think your engine hatch opening/closing is a red herring. But I've been wrong before... lol.

Start with new spark plugs. Those are super inexpensive and it's a quick thing to do. Ignition coils may be another thing.

The fact you think you had bad fuel... I assume that stuff is still in there? You could get it out and put fresh fuel in there as well.

Some stuff to start with. Please report back as you troubleshoot.