• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 Scarab 195 WILL NOT START

Scarab.jeff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Last summer I had to keeo clicking the key alot for it to turn over. Eventually this stoped working. I got tps codes. Replaced the throttle body and had dealer program and no further issues.

Go to start the boat this summer and nothing. I have tried the following
New battery and tested old one
Put new relays in
Checked voltage to ignition
Bypasses safty switch and neutral saftey
Jumped solonoid.turns over but no fire
Checked all fuses and breakers

The throttle body is no makin the click clack noise it normally did before when you turn ignition on. Its doing the same thing it did when throttle body was bad. There is probably only 10hrs on the throttle body. Cannot see this failing so soon. Boat only had 110hrs

Krokoscarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
The relays need to be in a certain way. Try to flip them around. I had one that was incorrectly inserted.

Scarab.jeff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
They are both installed with the info upside down

Krokoscarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
It will not hurt anything to try

Scarab.jeff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Only one can be flipped. No dice. Throttle body is not doing a little open close like it did when it worked proper

Scarab.jeff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Solved the problem. The 30amp engine breaker failed. For some reason they have the smallest wire going to it. Moved it over to the other breaker and it works now