• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 Scarab 215 HO seat cushion hold down parts

Yellowjacket

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Hi Jetboater
I just recently bought a 2014 Scarab 215 HO. Got a great deal that I couldn’t pass up on a like new boat with 41 hours on each engine.

The boat didn’t come with the male part of the cushion lock/secure hardware. The female hardware is attached to the Bench seat frame, but no Parts attached to the cushion. Does anyone know where I could get some of the parts? I have looked on the Scarab website at their parts catalog with no luck. I think these parts maybe generic to any cushion lockdown.

Here are some pics of what I and talking about.

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi Jim! :Welcome: to the forum! Looks like someone did that after the fact. I doubt that is stock. Never seen that before but a good idea especially when trailering as seats have been known to blow off at highway speeds. Did you search Amazon?

Yellowjacket

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I have tried different site including Amazon. No luck yet but I may not be using the right terminology on what these are so nothing is showing up.
I bought the boat in Pensacola, Fl and trailered it back to Acworth, Georgia. I was concerned about the bench seats blowing out of the boat so I trailered it with a cover. That kept everything inside, but the cushions moved around and definitely were not secure.

As a side note, my wife and I were in Destin vacationing. We have been looking a boats for awhile and I really liked the Scarab with the Rotax engine. I have a 2006 Sea Doo GTX that runs great on that engine.
I was looking at Scarabs for sale and saw this one advertised at Harbor View Marine in Pensacola. We drove over to look at it just to see what kind of condition it was in for a 2014. When we saw it it was a super condition with no gel coat cracks, engines and all interior looked great. We had no intention of buying a boat especially while on vacation, just looking. However, after seeing its condition we went on a sea trail and everything works perfectly. The price was below trade-in value and we thought there was no way we would find another boat in this condition at that price so we bought it. We didn’t even have a place to put it, but that was taken care of within a day. When we went back to pick it up at the end of our stay in Destin the salesman told us he received over 50 calls inquiring about the boat. I guess we where in the right place at the right time.

Attachments

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 2015 and the cushions are held down with those clips/things. I don’t know where to get them, but they did come on the boat. Sailrite sells a similar product called BeauClip. Should post on the Scarab Facebook page. Someone there will be able to help.

Yellowjacket

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Thanks Wine. I will check it out on Facebook.

Jim

scarab215

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Yellowjacket
Not sure if you are still looking for these but they are on the Scarab site in the Parts Catalog. Under the Standard Parts List section and then under the P/L SCHO Cockpit/Bow section.seatlatch.PNG

Yellowjacket

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Thanks Scarab215. I ordered some about a month ago. Installed and working well.