• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 scarab 215 HO Throws check engine light P2246

Hunter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just hit 176hrs on my 2014 215 HO scarab jet boat. once it hit 176hrs a check engine light came on and through code P2246 for “Lambda Sensor aging fault downstreams of catalyst”. Wondering why once it rolled over and hit 176hrs I got this code it could just be a coincidence. Is this an easy thing to replace myself and what could cause this sensor to go bad?

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I would say that it is a total coincidence. The O2 sensors on these engines usually fail because of water intrusion into the Catalyst Housing. They are very easy to change. All you need is a O2 Sensor socket. If you do have water intrusion into the housing that will need to be fixed or it will just ruin the new sensor over time.

Hunter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Jet Boat Tom I am thinking of replacing the sensor myself. To prevent the sensor from failing again is there certain places known for water intrusion and if so how should I go about insuring it’s not leaking. Thank you for the response

Jet Boat Tom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Unfortunately without tearing the catalyst housing off and performing a pressure check there really is no visual sign of water intrusion on the catalyst housing. Can you pull the sensor out and snap a photo of it? If you do have water in the system you will be able to tell by the looks of the sensor.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Contact a Scarab dealer, or Chaparral Vortex dealer, they'll have BRP support. You'll need your engine serial number(s) and have them look for outstanding warranty bulletins. My dealer printed off "Service - Unit History" pages for both of my engines for my records.
There are 2 that I know of for my engines installed in my Chapp late 2015.

Bulletin No. 2016-01(W) Rotax JPS Resonator Outlet Hose Coming Loose(MPS)

Bulletin No. 2018-01(W) Rotax JPS Oxygen Sensor Failure Due to Water Intrusion(MPS)

It's my understanding that the bare metal grey Cats are the problem ones, and more in salt water conditions will allow water intrusion. Going forward the black painted Cats are the non problematic ones. My dealer tells me the bulletin fixs are through BRP, and should be covered.

Last edited:

Morsch76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Thank you! I just got my boat back from Wilson Marine in Brighton MI. After having Check Engine light on my 2014 Glastron GT 187 they changed the Oxygen Sensor and gaskets without any charge. They found corrosion in the cat and on the upstream oxygen sensor itself. BRP pays for the diagnostics, parts, and labor. Thanks for the information.

sbard33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey Scarab Peeps, First time posting here. I've got a 2014 Scarab 215 w/ Twin 200HP Rotax motors. I'm in Texas and we had a hard freeze in February but the boat was in storage. I took it to the lake on Memorial weekend and I had one engine that started and one that would crank, but never turned over. I replaced the battery but that didn't fix the problem. I called 6+ dealers in the Houston area but all refused to work on it. They recommended a guy and the boat is with him now. He's having issues diagnosing the problem so I'm reaching out. He's looking for a wiring diagram of that model if anyone has a copy, I would greatly appreciate it. I saw on another thread about checking relays and he said he's already tried that. Any advise of what we should be looking for? TIA

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just for clarity, one engine started and the other one turned over but wouldn’t start?

sbard33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That's correct.

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I would say that it is a total coincidence. The O2 sensors on these engines usually fail because of water intrusion into the Catalyst Housing. They are very easy to change. All you need is a O2 Sensor socket. If you do have water intrusion into the housing that will need to be fixed or it will just ruin the new sensor over time.
Just an update on O2 sensors - I replaced mine using a 22mm offset box wrench. Gotta stuff the connector through the wrench, but it is very doable.

rotax master

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hey Scarab Peeps, First time posting here. I've got a 2014 Scarab 215 w/ Twin 200HP Rotax motors. I'm in Texas and we had a hard freeze in February but the boat was in storage. I took it to the lake on Memorial weekend and I had one engine that started and one that would crank, but never turned over. I replaced the battery but that didn't fix the problem. I called 6+ dealers in the Houston area but all refused to work on it. They recommended a guy and the boat is with him now. He's having issues diagnosing the problem so I'm reaching out. He's looking for a wiring diagram of that model if anyone has a copy, I would greatly appreciate it. I saw on another thread about checking relays and he said he's already tried that. Any advise of what we should be looking for? TIA
Next time check me out. Sea Doo Repair in Crosby.

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Change the Relais of the not cranking engine. Open the box, you will see them. 😉