• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 SX190 Build Thread - Off Grid - [PIC HEAVY]

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LT have been a game changer for me. I can dance around tight spots now!
After using them last week, I don't think I can go back. Helps a ton when backing in the wind

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Catching up with last years mods/season. It was a short season due to some unforeseen family events but still got a few projects completed.

Mod 17: Sound Dampening

Didn't get enough pictures of the project but the goal was to add mats and seal up the engine box as best as possible. Used KillMat on the back under hatch and the fuel tank hatch, replaced the seals on the fuel tank hatch, added trim to the engine box and put some dead closed cell foam in the under swim step box to try and prevent resonation. The results were substantial, at cruise speed say 6500-6750 rpm I could have a conversation with people in the passenger seat, and I did not feel the need to have the stereo at full volume while underway.

IMG_5726.jpeg
IMG_0471.jpeg

Mod 18: Repair/Replace Wear Ring

Replaced the factory wear ring with a new Yamaha one, the old wasn't super bad but it was in need of replacement.
IMG_5759.jpeg
IMG_5765.jpeg

Trip: Lake Powell 2021

Lake Powell 2021, a small trip but a super fun trip.

IMG_6847.JPG
Lake Powell ended the 2021 season in the middle of July as family members got sick and work got crazy, it may have been a short season but it was a fun one.

2022 Season

Kicked the 2022 season off with a quick trip to Laughlin.

IMG_9906.JPG

Service 2022: only 25 hours since the last service, just shows how short the 2021 season was. Only weird thing was the #4 plug was very brunt (I forgot to grab a picture). Onto the 2022 season!

IMG_0466.jpeg
IMG_0467.jpeg

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok I'm all in on the sound deadening DIY project. Would love to tame my 190's resonations. Thanks for the pic about placing the mat on the bilge area bulk head....that's out of the box thinking!

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The sound damping is so worth it. Engine and fuel tank hatch make a huge difference more than anything else. I added a seal to the engine hatch and replaced the one on the fuel hatch (mine was almost nonexistent).

Parts
Kilmat: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0751CBXBT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Pricy foam: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G3J6294/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cheap Foam (jury is still out on this one): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B75PD8B?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Seals (I used the duck brand home depot ones but this is supposed to work well too): https://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/pipe-insulation-heat-cables/pipe-insulation/armaflex-1-2-wall-x-6-self-sealing-rubber-pipe-insulation/iprst07812/p-1444435954535.htm

IMG_5703.jpeg
IMG_5757.jpeg
IMG_5705.jpeg

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mahalos for the pics....going to get this stuff ASAP. See that you went into the dash area as well...nice.

Thanks again for posting!

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mahalos for the pics....going to get this stuff ASAP. See that you went into the dash area as well...nice.

Thanks again for posting!
Dash area was more to help the rattle of the sub than anything else and it dose work. Happy to help, if you need anymore info let me know.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mod 19/20ish: GatorStep Decking

Been delayed in posting one of the biggest updates to the boat, full custom GatorStep. Visually, this is such a game changer for the 190, it makes the boat feel like nice wakeboard boat and adds some personal touches. The process started with measurements and drawings, GatorStep SoCal did all of the measurements with their camera system, then came paper test fits, 3 sets of them to get everything perfectIMG_1184.jpegIMG_2237.jpeg
Then came the final design and installation
Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 11.02.37 AM.png
The results were a completely transformed boat, a true upgrade to the boat
IMG_1411.jpegIMG_2511.jpeg
IMG_2456.jpegIMG_2457.jpeg
IMG_2469.jpegIMG_3097.jpeg
IMG_6814.jpeg

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mod 19/20ish: GatorStep Decking

Been delayed in posting one of the biggest updates to the boat, full custom GatorStep. Visually, this is such a game changer for the 190, it makes the boat feel like nice wakeboard boat and adds some personal touches. The process started with measurements and drawings, GatorStep SoCal did all of the measurements with their camera system, then came paper test fits, 3 sets of them to get everything perfectView attachment 214968View attachment 214969
Then came the final design and installation
View attachment 214970
The results were a completely transformed boat, a true upgrade to the boat
View attachment 214971View attachment 214972
View attachment 214973View attachment 214974
View attachment 214975View attachment 214976
View attachment 214977
What did the GatorStep set you back? You can PM me if you don't want to say in the forum. I'm also in SoCal, in the IE.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What did the GatorStep set you back? You can PM me if you don't want to say in the forum. I'm also in SoCal, in the IE.
Total ~$2k
$1372 for 49 sq ft of the material
$225 for custom logos and artwork
$295 for install

It runs $28/sf of material and $6/sf for install