• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 sx192 aggravation!!!

Bradsx192

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Sx192 will not go over 40.2 mph. Bought the boat 4 years ago. Always though top speed was 40. Rpm’s are at 7,500 until it starts to heat soak. Decided to do the Riva ring and Riva strainer coolant line. Took it out yesterday and what a surprise 40.2mph. Throttle is adjusted to the stop. Impeller and wear ring look fine. Please help me!!! 40.2mph on a run in the morning with no wind and water like glass.

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
How many people on board? Are they sitting up front? Is intake grate properly sealed?

Bradsx192

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
1-myself. Usually 4. 40.2mph if I’m loaded for the day with 4 people or empty with myself.

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sx192 will not go over 40.2 mph. Bought the boat 4 years ago. Always though top speed was 40. Rpm’s are at 7,500 until it starts to heat soak. Decided to do the Riva ring and Riva strainer coolant line. Took it out yesterday and what a surprise 40.2mph. Throttle is adjusted to the stop. Impeller and wear ring look fine. Please help me!!! 40.2mph on a run in the morning with no wind and water like glass.
Your doing good my 2016 sx192 won’t go over 35. I put a k&n cold air intake on it, worked wonders for my Harley.
Anyway my rpms dropped from 7800 to 7400 but still won’t go over 35🙁

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not owning an SX192 what top speed should be expected? The normal suggestions if speed has dropped off is change spark plugs, try removing air cleaner, clean hull of dirt and debris. Has there been anything run through the impeller? Any ropes sucked up? Any cavitation from missing sealant?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What elevation are you boating at?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless you guys are at elevation those numbers sound low. My AR190 runs 42mph at 800ft or so. This is assuming the same 2-4% error in the stock paddle wheel speedo. Registers as high as 45, usually sits right around 40.

Check for cavitation. Pumps and Tunnels sealed up well? Impeller damaged?

What about coniditions? Bimini up into a headwind has a serious effect for me. Dropping 5-6mph with a stiff headwind.

I hear heat soak is a big issue on the supercharged boats. Is the speed consistent all day, or does it start "fast" and then reduce throughout the day? best I can tell the only fix is an upgraded intercooler, and larger cooling lines for it.

Keep folks out of the bow if possible on top speed runs. It really kills the speed on this hull. I suspect it's from the thrust angle changing, but have no real evidence to support that currently.

Bradsx192

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I’m 320 feet above sea level. I am going to reseal my pump tomorrow and change the spark plugs. I’ll let you know how it goes this weekend.

Bradsx192

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Plugs and sealant helped. Got to 42mph. Still not 50mph

Crabsitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not owning an SX192 what top speed should be expected? The normal suggestions if speed has dropped off is change spark plugs, try removing air cleaner, clean hull of dirt and debris. Has there been anything run through the impeller? Any ropes sucked up? Any cavitation from missing sealant?
Can you see missing sealant?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Plugs and sealant helped. Got to 42mph. Still not 50mph
I'm at sea level. I did a lot of mods to my SX-192. Check sig. Mine would hit 48 on a good day (like you mentioned) with 2 people, 4 would drop to 44. Ribbon delete and the larger intercooler helped the most. The rpms went straight to 77-7800 and stayed there. Hole shots were great.