• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2014 Yamaha 242 Wiring Diagram from Clarion Stereo

JetBoatJacket2000

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello...I am new to the forum as I just bought a 2014 Yamaha 242 Limited S. The stock Polk speakers are not even loud enough for me to hear while driving so I purchased a Bluetooth Soundstream Amp to help. I may purchase speakers eventually, but I wanted to hear the amp first. I am comfortable running the Power Wire for the Amp and the Neg Battery wire, but I am having trouble determining which wires go to which speakers in the cable harness behind the Clarion? I have taken off each speaker and seen where a certain color pertains to the + of a location, but all of the negative wires for each speaker are black. Any ideas on how you identify? This is a 4 channel Amp so I was planning to run the front bow and swim platform speakers together and the cockpit speakers separately. My understanding is I just cut the speaker wires for each speaker going into the Clarion Head Unit and wire them to the Amp instead? Thanks for any help you can provide!