• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2014 Yamaha Radios???

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, always love Yamaha....but the darn radios! LOL

Rant:
They put this "great upgraded system" in the 212X. To me, coming from a 2006 model....heck yea looks and sounds great. Until you find out the Clarion CMD6 is like 90 years old.....which is fine until you go to find a Sirius receiver.....smh

:End Rant

Anyone know who might have deals on this SCC1's? Ebay they go as much as $200???? I could upgrade the radio CHEAPER AND add the new SXV200 for that amount.

Feel free to set me straight on this if I am missing anything.

Forget Sirius and use the bluetooth to stream from your phone. I used Slacker radio on my phone and have cancelled all my Sirius subscriptions because of it. Selection is better, able to make my own stations/playlists as well as buffer stations for offline use(need to have salcker subscription for this) and don't have to deal with the hardware/multiple subscriptions.

I think if someone likes Sirius, they could get it through a phone app?? If not then slacker/Pandora works pretty good also......my radio signal is so bad I hook my phones FM app up to it.

Forget Sirius and use the bluetooth to stream from your phone. I used Slacker radio on my phone and have cancelled all my Sirius subscriptions because of it. Selection is better, able to make my own stations/playlists as well as buffer stations for offline use(need to have salcker subscription for this) and don't have to deal with the hardware/multiple subscriptions.

I use XM now that they merged since they are doing away with Sirius.....I think that was S$#!@y of Clarion to sell a deal to Yamaha knowing to Sirius part is obsolete. I like the sat radio but this ticks me off but its so them!

What's the blue tooth part # if you know it off hand? I may go that route.....

Thanks!

your 2014 212x already comes with bluetooth(mine did)... Switch to Aux 2, and try pairing with your phone. should be 0000 as the code. Some times you have to switch the battery disconnect on and off, then go to the radio right away to try and pair it. once this is done it will connect without having to switch the battery shutoff on and off.

No Bluetooth on the 2013, so I use a 3.5mm cord. I can also get a Bluetooth adaptor that plugs into the aux input then syncs with my phone. Not sure if there is a sound quality difference using a cord compared to the Bluetooth??? Anyone??

I picked up the Rockford Fosgate BlueTooth adapter and have been very happy with it.
I can not notice any sound quality difference between the BlueTooth vs the 3.5 jack vs the USB.

The only gripe I have when using BlueTooth is that the head unit and the transom remote is not able to skip forward or pause.

No Bluetooth on the 2013, so I use a 3.5mm cord. I can also get a Bluetooth adaptor that plugs into the aux input then syncs with my phone. Not sure if there is a sound quality difference using a cord compared to the Bluetooth??? Anyone??
I have the Avantree BTTC-200X BlueTooth Receiver/Transmitter (aptX Codec) hooked up to my stock JVC HU. Temporary solution until I upgrade to a Fusion HU over the winter. Cannot tell any difference in sound quality between it and when I used a 3.5mm cord hooked up to my iPhone. It is battery operated, but I have never had to recharge during a day on the water. If needed, you can recharge using the included USB cord and an adapter to plug into your power port.

i-CQJPjXN-M.jpg

i-ptPwDfg-M.jpg

The only gripe I have when using BlueTooth is that the head unit and the transom remote is not able to skip forward or pause.

This is what I do to partially get around that issue. Setup the HU how I want it and at a preset volume level. Then I use the iPhone to skip fwd/back, change playlist, etc. Can also use the volume on the iPhone to change volume level in the boat. I have a RAM mount for the iPhone so it is handy when driving. Works pretty well. Only concern is if I dare use the iPhone from the swim deck area and dropping in the water.

i can confirm the 2014 212x does come with bluetooth...i use it all the time. no problems pairing at all. remember to use aux 2 than scan on your phone.

i can confirm the 2014 212x does come with bluetooth...i use it all the time. no problems pairing at all. remember to use aux 2 than scan on your phone.

I don't believe mine is equipped with the Bluetooth. I tried Aux 2 as you said and noffing!

I picked up the Rockford Fosgate BlueTooth adapter and have been very happy with it.
I can not notice any sound quality difference between the BlueTooth vs the 3.5 jack vs the USB.

Did you get the Rockford Fosgate to accompany your stock radio? Clarion?

It's there trust us... I fought with it for a while before I finally got the hang of it. Thought the same thing they must not of included it with mine. Did you try the battery cycling? Sometimes you have to try a few times at that.

It's there trust us... I fought with it for a while before I finally got the hang of it. Thought the same thing they must not of included it with mine. Did you try the battery cycling? Sometimes you have to try a few times at that.

battery cycling??? lol Im a nerd when it comes to this Bluetooth crap....lmao.

Whats you procedure? :banghead:

Turn stereo to aux 2, try pairing /search for devices on the phone (should show up as AWM968 or some damn thing) if it doesn't work, go to the boats battery disconnect switch turn it off, then on again(turning the stereo on and off doesn't do it, must be at battery disconnect), go back to stereo and repeat the first 2 steps. If that doesn't work leave the battery disconnect in the off position for longer and repeat the first 2 steps. Eventually it will go... Once paired you don't have to do this every time. Just for each new device.

Last edited:
Ill try this today... thanks for taking the time.

Not a problem, let me know how it goes
Worked perfect! Awesome! I guessed at pin 0000 of course and have to adjust volume on phone but works and sounds great and just as powerful!

Jammin with the Iheart radio!

Back