• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015/2016 Scarab 195 HO Impulse Bimini Top -- WANTED TO BUY OR FIND REPLACEMENT FOR OEM

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
2015/2016 Scarab 195 HO Impulse Bimini Top -- WANTED TO BUY OR FIND REPLACEMENT FOR OEM

Good Morning! Thank you for all the help that this Jet Boaters Forum has provided on cavitation and replacing one of my throttle/mode indicators. Both problems have been fixed by me (person with 5 out of 10 technical ability, self-rated) with no installation cost with extremely helpful info from this Forum! I watched the ROTAX Jet Impeller Video about 15 times prior to successfully executing the stone debris removal myself. Thanks!

I now come to you with a request for insight and information on a replacement Bimini Top for the 2015/2016 Scarab 195 HO Impulse. My new boat is a 2016 Scarab HO Impulse however it is an early year 2016 and still comes with the forward facing Xtreme Wake Tower (XTP) not the folding version that came on the later 2016 models. I am looking to purchase a 2015/2016 Scarab 195 HO Impulse Bimini Top or identify a replacement. I have done a lot of research on the net and have come across a few possibilities including KRYPT, BIG AIR, but none of them are perfect. The replacement price from Great Lakes Boat Top is a whopping $964.00 + tax + shipping. Please let me know what you think, or if you have the measurements of the struts, support arms, etc. perhaps we could figure out how to have a canvas company make one or how to adapt an after market one to the Xtreme Wake Tower. Thanks again for all the help. I would be very interesting to know if you think that the collapsible Bimini is worth happening or if you would go with an over the tower flat (non-collapsible) like the KRYPT Bimini here:

Here is a great photo of my exact boat, color etc. My boat actually has the three mounting units on the tower.

1586210002840.png

Here is how my boat looks now without the Bimini. Thanks!
1586210118223.png

slaubman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Hi, have you looked at getting a replacement Bimini top from Scarab? That’s what we did when the top on our 2015 215HO ripped last year. Contact your local Scarab dealer but it was around US$500-600 from what I recall.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you so much for the information. I have been working with Great Lakes Boat Top who manufactured the OEM 2014/2015/2016 Scarab 195 Bimini. I now have a quote for the Canvas and Bimini Frame and will wait until they re-open manufacturing to order. Is the original Bimini top nice? It looks nice, but I have never tested for functionality or usage. Thanks!