• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 212X couple questions

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
purchased this boat used a month ago and really just got out tonight for the first time to see how she runs. Mainly trying to get the kids wake surfing, wakeboarding and some tubing. Noticed the following:

ON intiial take off the engines rev up quick and are very loud, later on on the evening after being out for a couple hours both engine overheat warnings came on the display. We took it back it to the launch and went home. My first thought is they may be low on oil?? Any thoughts from the board here?

Secondly i’m Having difficulty how to use the cruise assist...I get the boat to the speed I want and hit the switch up the speed still seems to vary slightly when moving. Any advice on how to proceed in using the cruise assist correctly?

Thanks.

Low oil should produce an alert saying as much. When the overheat warnings came up, did you still have water flowing out both fittings on the starboard side?

As for the cruise assist, cruise assist regulates rpms, not speed. Once you set the cruise assist, it will maintain the requested rpm. However, speed will vary some depending on wind and water conditions.

Get perfect pass or ridesteady asap....the cruise assist does not work well enough for any type of board sports.

Low oil should produce an alert saying as much. When the overheat warnings came up, did you still have water flowing out both fittings on the starboard side?

As for the cruise assist, cruise assist regulates rpms, not speed. Once you set the cruise assist, it will maintain the requested rpm. However, speed will vary some depending on wind and water conditions.

I hadn’t checked the pee holes to be sure on water exiting the boat. We just got the warning and headed off the water. If it happens again I’ll check that.

That info on cruise assist helps. I would have thought it would be mph based and not rpm based. Thanks.

Get perfect pass or ridesteady asap....the cruise assist does not work well enough for any type of board sports.

I wish I had the $$$ for either of these. But right now it’s not in the budget plus I’d have to pay someone to install it.

Back