• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 242 Limited S Bimini Top Use

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This video will help you learn to deploy your bimini top on the all new 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S and AR240.

Nice, informative video. Looking forward to the rest.

Do you hit your head if the bimini is deployed when walking into the cabin? That is the one thing that absolutely pisses me off about my boat.

Great video, but that has to be my least favorite part of the new 242!

I do hit my head but raising to the highest setting does lesson the blow!

I do hit my head but raising to the highest setting does lesson the blow!

You have a 2014 correct?

Just for clarification, I was wondering if that was still an issue with the 2015's. I'm not that tall ~5'8"

The bimini top does not come back as far as previous year models so hitting your head is not as likely.

That looked painfully complex. Nice video though as usual Will!

@RobA Yes mine is a 2014. I am the same height and with the top adjusted hitting my head has basically become a thing of the past.

First day with my new boat and my first battle was with the Bimini Top. I tried everything but the two pole were on the top of the Bimini. So I gave up and took the two poles off the front bar and the rotated the bar and reattached the two poles. Then I could set up the Bimini... Looks correct, what you think? Had anyone else had to do this??

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The hard part is rolling it back up and zippered into the boot. And it is very small. Hardly enough shade.

The hard part is rolling it back up and zippered into the boot. And it is very small. Hardly enough shade.

When we bought our first Yamaha, the small Bimini on the LS was the reason we went with the limited at the time....much bigger top....which helps a lot in the hot Florida summers.

Back