• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stripped Bimini bracket.

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just bought a new to me 2011 Yamaha 242 limited s and one of the brackets attached to the wake tower that holds the Bimini in place is completely stripped. The screws were directly drilled through the metal

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just bought a new to me 2011 Yamaha 242 limited s and one of the brackets attached to the wake tower that holds the Bimini in place is completely stripped. The screws were directly drilled through the metal
I have a 2010 ls, same tower I think. Can you post a pick of the part you are referencing?

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s the actual thread that’s stripped, the bracket is fine. I can literally slide the screws in and out of the hole lol.

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s the actual thread that’s stripped, the bracket is fine. I can literally slide the screws in and out of the hole lol.
Oh that, yes I’ve had that problem as well. I tried several solutions including gorilla tape, drywall anchors and inserting a threaded rivet. Nothing worked but using a larger diameter screw but I was limited by the opening in the mounting bracket.
My problem is the amount the of play when moving the top from its stowed to deployed positions.

good luck with what ever you try and please post your results especially if you find a good solution.

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh that, yes I’ve had that problem as well. I tried several solutions including gorilla tape, drywall anchors and inserting a threaded rivet. Nothing worked but using a larger diameter screw but I was limited by the opening in the mounting bracket.
My problem is the amount the of play when moving the top from its stowed to deployed positions.

good luck with what ever you try and please post your results especially if you find a good solution.
Yeah its really not a good design.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My brother lent me a tool that expanded what looks like the bottom part of this assembly in the existing / stripped mounting hole. It didn’t hold long, the flexing of the bow when stowing and deploying caused the the threaded rivet as I call it to loosen up in the original mounting hole.

I ended up replacing the mounts on the poles and tower with this style which flexes more.
IMG_5255.jpegIMG_5256.jpeg

Ibeflyinhigh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had mine break loose on the highway and strip out. A Rivnut was the best solution. It's solid and won't come out again.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I tried rivnuts but they failed as well. If my current solution, repositioned quick connect mounts, fails I will try to find some thin and long hose clamps. I am always glad to recover space around the garage/man cave and this thread reminded me to return my brother’s rivnut stuff so thanks for starting it @Lth101 . Good luck with your fix.

Attachments

Last edited: