• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR210 Oil Change

mathewplarson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to see if anyone has done an oil change on a 2015 AR210? Seeing if you have any tips or learned anything while doing it?

Process i am looking to use:

1 engine at a time
Start Engine/Then start water through connection port
Let oil warm up
Shut off water/ Then shut off engine
Lay old towels for any spilling or wipe up needed
Pump oil out with the extractor
Remove filter
Put on new filter
Fill with new oil
wipe down any excess oil drips etc....
Start Engine/Then start water through connection port
Watch for any leakage or problems

Repeat these steps on 2nd engine.

Anyone think i am missing any steps or parts?

Thanks!

Two very important things. Just replace the exact amount of oil extracted. And while warming , you can let it warm for a few minutes at isle, then accelerate to over 2500 rpm on a 7k rpm engine and about 5k rpm on a 10k rpm engine. Any higher can overheat without enough water flow for cooling. You know it is warm enough when the oil filter is cook enough to wrap your bare hand around but too hot to keep it there for more than 5 seconds. And the rule of thumb is as you know, engine on, water on, water off, engine off. Then rev 4 or 5 times to clear the engine and exhaust of water.

Fill your new filter with oil before installing it. Lube that o-ring also.

Very good advice! I did read a thread that stated to do the exact amount you extracted. The extractor i have measures the amount which will help me there.

I also saw the part of the O-Ring and lubricating that as well.

Filling the Oil filter with oil? I have never heard of that before putting it on? Could you explain a little more in to detail if you have time what that will do and what it helps with?

Thanks to both of you for these pointers!! I feel like this is something I can do myself outside of a major engine problem or structural issue, etc.

I just did my 10hr change on my 2103 240. I did my change while the boat was on the trailer. Its been suggested by others if you change the oil while on the trailer to put a level on top of the engines and then adjust the trailer height to get the boat level. I didn't do this. I did get about 3 quarts out of each engine. Taking the filter off will definitely dump some oil into your boat so have some good pads underneath the engine. I added 3 quarts back to each motor and ran them, then added more since the filter takes probably a half qt. I then checked the quantity when I got the boat back on the lake and kept topping it off a little to get the proper amount. I don't know if I'd fill the filter up with oil before putting it on as I think you'll dump most of it putting the filter on. And you probably know to only hand tighten the filter when you put it back on. The boat manual states how many quarts the engine holds and I think the amount to replace when you do an oil change.

From the 24' Series 2012 service manual, probably hasn't changed much...

23rju61.jpg

Filling the Oil filter with oil? I have never heard of that before putting it on? Could you explain a little more in to detail if you have time what that will do and what it helps with?

You can skip filling the oil filter when you install it (less spillage if you ask me) by running the engine a bit after buttoning everything up and filling it with oil. After doing that check the oil level it might be just a bit low due to some oil being in the filter after running it that first time. Just add some more after that to get it back to the right level.

Its a piece of cake to do. I did it myself for the first time last winter. Now I will never pay a scam artist hundreds to do each motor again.

Manual says it doesn't need oil filter till 100 hour mark. But I think everyone does it at 10 also. You should get about 3.75 qts of oil out of 1.8s. Just did mine and had close to 4 out of each.

I've always filled the oil filter on every motor I've changed the oil on. Partly due do dribbling oil on the seal and partly so the motor is not starved for oil when you start it. No oil is no bueno!

Well I have used all of your advice combined and did the oil changes I believe with success. I did take it out the next day (Glassy Lake/No Wind) and ran it slowly for about 5 minutes. Then checked the levels and they seemed to be down a bit from the previous day. Thinking some went into the engine as well as the filter absorbing some more. I topped off both engines and we look to be good now. No leaks and engines feel good when running! Thanks again to everyone as this is my first boat, so I am in trusting in the experts!!! Which is all of YOU!!!

Back