• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR240 Bow Light Replacement

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would post on a bow light issue I had with my 2015 AR240. I hope this can help someone else. I replaced my OEM Bow light with a new LED assembly. The OEM light design is terrible. The bulb can easily slide out of position. I also noticed on the new 2018 model they now use the same Attwood LED model I purchased on Amazon. The holes basically line up. I had to make the holes a little larger with a drill bit. I couldn't find a white LED replacement. However the new stainless steel/black design looks better than I thought.

See link and pictures below:

Attwood LED 1-Mile Deck Mount Navigation Bow Light, Stainless Steel

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001O0DIA4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for the links and pictures, added to the FAQ under boat mods/upgrade electronics, LEDs...

srojas81

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered this one - thanks for sharing!

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any special tools needed for this replacement ?

srojas81

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nope. Just a Phillips screw driver; very quick install and it works great.

srojas81

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just cut the wires and use some electrical tape to piece together with the new connection.