• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 ar240 connext touch screen not working

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So bought my 2015 ar240 used and the touch screen did not work by touching had to use joystick or hard buttons for everything. Thought we would need a whole new screen but this reset fixed it.

Hold the system control button down for 5 seconds, will enter a hidden screen, scroll to touch screen with joystick, you will have 2 options. Reset screen to factory settings (I tried this and it didn't rectify prob) other options is recalibrate screen. I pushed this and it put X on screen to push (it recommend stylus I used finger) do this for every corner.

It now works, hope this can help someone

Greg Bergstrom

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2018 AR240 is doing the same thing. Everything works except the TOUCH part. I have to scroll with the joystick and the buttons on the joystick area.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great info good to know.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2018 AR240 is doing the same thing. Everything works except the TOUCH part. I have to scroll with the joystick and the buttons on the joystick area.
Hopefully this will fix it for you worked for me. Don't forget the styles. Like I said I used finger and it worked but probably would be better with styles I was just to lazy to go back to house to get it.

Greg Bergstrom

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What should I use for a stylus? I don’t have one.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What should I use for a stylus? I don’t have one.
I even have a writing pen that came with a tip for touch screen any thing your phone screen recognizes would work. Like I said you can use your finger to see if it fixes problem and latter on use styles if you notice touch is off slightly up, down , left right.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My touch screen didn’t want to work when I first turned on the power this year either.
I had to do this twice, but the second time worked.
It was especially annoying, because I have the boat on the trailer and had to listen to the depth alarm for 30-minutes until I figured out the problem...

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
To add closure to this subject. After replacing batteries on my 2015 Limited, the touch feature on the connext screen stopped working. If this happens unexpectedly that following the steps here, will correct the issue. Thanks for all input provided. My touch screen now works, Yeah !

Hold the system control button down for 5 seconds, will enter a hidden screen, scroll to touch screen with joystick, you will have 2 options. [1] Reset screen to factory settings [2] re-calibrate screen. In my case option [2] did the trick

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone not able to recalibrate theirs? Had the boat out for the first time this past weekend and the touch screen is way out of calibration. Went through the calibration process 3 times and still nothing. It thinks I am pushing buttons on the screen about 2" above where I am actually pushing.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Suggestion only
maybe try factory reset and then the calibration?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Suggestion only
maybe try factory reset and then the calibration?
If you mean the reset that is in the same screen as the calibration, I did try that. Thanks though.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Yes, that’s what I meant. Also note it may take multiple time as noted above. If it would be me, maybe disconnect the batteries. in my case that cause some internal reset to system that lead me to this Message thread. As with other tech stuff sometime unplugging it helps ! Just suggestions as I am trying to provide guesses for you of what I would do. I read lots of threads and don’t recall your issue.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I am having the same issue with my 2016 Limited SE Connext. The calibration is off and varies per screen. I tried to recalibrate several times and reset to factory to no avail. Anyone had luck with recalibration?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2017 242 Ltd E-Series ... holding [Sys Ctrl] w joystick for 5-seconds did nothing for me.

In [Settings] (gear icon) I have [Factory] > [Reset] > [ Yes / No ]

Holding any of those selections for 5-seconds didn't do anything.

Is there a hidden calibration menu for 2017s?

Lost touch-screen after battery pull like everyone else.
You are not getting to the diagnostic screen to calibrate the screen. I get there by holding the system control till the screen changes

tonyGinFL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I was able to get to the calibration screen. I think my touch-screen is dead. Gave this about 10 tries each; resetting and recalibrating. It simply will not accept inputs except at the very top edge of the screen.

This was helpful though!

Attachments

Last edited:

Serg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Me too having this problems, i will try to disconnect the batteries for at least one day… hope it works

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Me too having this problems, i will try to disconnect the batteries for at least one day… hope it works
I love this forum. My 2016 242 Connext unit was on but unresponsive to touch.

Stereo guy forgot to turn off the batteries ans eventually amthe batteries both were dead.

I was thinking we were going to be SOL and ordering a new unit for lots of .$$$, but instead tool this thread’s advice and did a recalibrate option - and in 3 minutes everything was working by perfectly

boat has 337 hours and 6 years and still hasn’t let me down!!!

Luis071789

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So bought my 2015 ar240 used and the touch screen did not work by touching had to use joystick or hard buttons for everything. Thought we would need a whole new screen but this reset fixed it.

Hold the system control button down for 5 seconds, will enter a hidden screen, scroll to touch screen with joystick, you will have 2 options. Reset screen to factory settings (I tried this and it didn't rectify prob) other options is recalibrate screen. I pushed this and it put X on screen to push (it recommend stylus I used finger) do this for every corner.

It now works, hope this can help someone
Which one is the system control button?
I take delivery of my 2016 Yamaha AR240 this Thursday and the touch screen was giving me the same issue when I tried it out on the day I purchased it!