• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR240 Wake Wedge testing

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had a great time with @Robert Skaggs and family up at Lake of the Ozarks this past weekend while testing the Wake Wedge on his boat. @sx210owner and I with both of our families, @SX210Owner's Wife and @jcyamahariders wife , traveled up there this weekend and our results were what we were hoping for! A great wave out of the new style 240. We had ballast in the ski locker, under the port seat cushion and a smaller bag in the little cubby on the transom. We also ended up putting a 750 bag on the port seat. With 4 adults in the boat and all of that ballast the wake had good push and looked fantastic. The only pictures we have were of his son on the wave, we forgot the gopro. Mark and I think he will pick this up fast and will be good to go in a few short tries!! A huge thank you to Robert and his family for letting us on his boat and giving us a warm welcome all weekend.

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

2015Ar240.jpg

2015Ar2402.jpg

Last edited:

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very fun weekend !!! Nice meeting @Robert Skaggs and family !!! I feel like we where old friend catching up and drinking beer !!! Good times !!!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Jerry - I have some pictures I took on our camera as we were following you they are of Jake and Mark surfing. I will upload them when I get home.

Robert Skaggs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just want to say we had a great time, and thanks to Jerry and Mark for working so hard to get it set up, the wake looked great!! Also thanks to both your wives, they were awesome driving the other boat taking pictures and video.
The Wake Wedge really cleaned up the wake, especially after I put the trim tabs up!!!
It was great getting to meet you and your family's. We will have to do this again when its more fun less work for you all!
Jake is really pumped about surfing!
P.S. We will be buying 2 more bags this week to make that wave even bigger.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just want to say we had a great time, and thanks to Jerry and Mark for working so hard to get it set up, the wake looked great!! Also thanks to both your wives, they were awesome driving the other boat taking pictures and video.
The Wake Wedge really cleaned up the wake, especially after I put the trim tabs up!!!
It was great getting to meet you and your family's. We will have to do this again when its more fun less work for you all!
Jake is really pumped about surfing!
P.S. We will be buying 2 more bags this week to make that wave even bigger.
Can you provide some info on your trim tabs? You are the first 240 series boat I've seen with trim tabs and I want them!

Robert Skaggs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you provide some info on your trim tabs? You are the first 240 series boat I've seen with trim tabs and I want them!
They were installed by the dealer with a really short ram. I don't have the info on them but I will try to get it.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@RobA Those look like Bennett tabs. Lenco makes a similar tab but they are all electric, the Bennett's are hydraulic and a little slow acting compared to the Lenco's, along with the pump and resevoir that needs to be mounted. I like Bennetts for large vessels (35' +) but for our boats I think you would be happier with the Lenco's. Also make sure you get the remote with the trailering or home button, it is often easily forgotten to raise them when trailering and some systems can be wired to automatically raise when the ignition is switched off or have a single "Home" button you press and they will retract as well. Just food for thought.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider Looking at the pics of the wedge in place, does it need to be raised when not surfing? It looks like if ballast is drained, the wedge can be left in place all day for other activities. Can you add to this?

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@RobA Those look like Bennett tabs. Lenco makes a similar tab but they are all electric, the Bennett's are hydraulic and a little slow acting compared to the Lenco's, along with the pump and resevoir that needs to be mounted. I like Bennetts for large vessels (35' +) but for our boats I think you would be happier with the Lenco's. Also make sure you get the remote with the trailering or home button, it is often easily forgotten to raise them when trailering and some systems can be wired to automatically raise when the ignition is switched off or have a single "Home" button you press and they will retract as well. Just food for thought.
Thanks! I was more interested in the size and combination of the acuator that he used. There is no direct fit for our boats that I know of and it would be nice to have the specifics to order.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am curious at how much throttle he had to give it to do that? I know on my 192 with 800# plus another 600# in human ballast we were just about WOT to maintain speed. It had a great wave though and would def benefit from a perfect pass...

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
These boats have tons of low end torque @Englewoodcowboy . I think we were running between 6500 and 7000 rpms. More to the low side.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No, wedge up for normal driving.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that easily accomplished? Or does it require cranking on that turnbuckle?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length