• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 engine power

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey Scarab enthusiasts, I’m looking at a couple of used 2015 Scarab 215 Impulse HO boats. Both have very low hours and are in great shape. One claims his has 2 x 200hp supercharged and the othe claims 2 x 250hp supercharged engines. I can’t find any markings on the engines that indicate the hp rating. The literature that I can find on the 2015 models is muddy with respect to power.
Is there a way to verify the hp rating? Were both available in 2015?
Thanks,
Rob

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for your help. I searched all over the place and came up with nothing.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for your help. I searched all over the place and came up with nothing.
post #9 in the thread referenced above shows the distinguishing feature of the 250 rotax, a large IC.

--

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sorry my reply did not make it clear; I saw the big shiny intercooler as in the pic below. Is it possible that the intercoolers on the Impulse HO did not look like the pic? Could the IC be tucked behind the engine? Reason I ask is because both boats’ engines that I’m looking at look the same No big shiny intercooler on top. Are there any markings on the motors that would indicate power output? Are there any Impulse HO that opted for the 250hp variant that can verify? I included a pic of one of the engines that is supposedly 250 as well. 48F14739-55C7-42CC-95DF-297E94CF7735.jpeg52851AE6-6838-414F-90CA-C772EF1DAE75.jpeg

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Actually, now that I look at the pic really closely, I can see the edge of the external intercooler way at the back, tucked away near the transom.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Those engines are the 250hp. They're identical to mine.

From BRP website:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe these are 200s with IC in line past the air filters

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had to do this too. There's a label somewhere on the engine block that actually indicates the power output of the engine in KW. I believe it's under the plastic cover if I remember correctly. Get the number then just convert it to HP :)