• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Scarab 165 issues

Steve11181980

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I recently bought a 2015 165 with 40 hrs on it. It is our first boat and we really have been enjoying it. I have two issues I need some help with. I have scoured the internet but to no avail. The first one is one or possibly both ducts are disconnected from the blower. I haven been able to figure out which duct (top or bottom) get connected to the blower. It actually looks like one could fit on each end but I am not sure. Any help? I also got a p2245 code and the second start a check engine light. I read it was an 02 sensor. Anyone have advice on this or a breakdown of the engine to where I can order/replace by myself?

mferrari

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
You should have two hoses on the starboard side. One just screws on the side wall of the motor compartment (normally the hose that sits towards the inside) and the second attaches to the blower motor (normally the outside hose). Either way, just hook one to the blower and you will be fine.

Your check engine code is related to a post-cat O2 sensor. Will need to be replaced, if very rusty you will need to install a new o-ring on the cat.

Steve11181980

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!