• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 Scarab 215, 195, and 165 are out!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I picked up my boat from the dealer yesterday, and they had two 165's and one 215 in stock. Right away you can see hints of design changes, and there is no doubt that they are listening to their owners, and feedback. I didnt get to mess with it too much because I had to leave, but here is what I saw as far as changes for the better....

1. REAL marine radio. The 195, and 215's got the new black Sony radio.
2. Hull mounted headlight/navigation lights. SICK!!! They look amazing.
3. New Scarab logo "swoosh" decal on the sides for all models. The HOI still has the impulse lines.
4. Scarab Logo on the galvanized trailer. Not cheap, but heavy gauge stainless steel.
5. Windshield number plates have better and more molded look to them. The old ones usually fell off, and had to get re-glued.
6. Fit and finish. Overall the boat looked better put together. It was awesome. IIll try to get more pics soon.
7. Cushion hold down latches are stainless, with better bases. The old ones were plastic, and sometimes a bear to take off.

Here is the one I looked at. Its an HO with 400hp, and tower. You can see the new side decal on it as well.

The engines looked like they had some changes as well. I have no clue what they are, but they look a little different.
http://www.marinemax.com/boats/details/4837266/new/scarab-215-ho-marinemax-stuart.aspx

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
VERY nice. Thanks for sharing. Looks wonderful !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Does the boat have dual engines but only one throttle?
Or are they mixing and matching photoes?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Speedling It has dual engines with single throttle. The steering on this boat is incredible, so dual throttles is not needed. It can spin on its axis. You can still "limp" home on one engine in an emergency without issue.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I figured it could spin like any other jet boat, but i like to use the seperate throttles to side step the boat towards the dock. I think i remember seeing something about that with the reverse gates though. Maybe you can point me in the right direction here?
Not in the market for one at all, but they certainly do have some appeal. Different genre of boat than the Yamahas imo. Chaparral is more like a yami in some of their stuff.
I would want the 500 hp version of course.
Do the seats have hinges on them or just the storage compartments?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So according to the test on boattest.com the 500hp model provides 2.5 mph advantage over my 242 with 360hp. The engines seem inefficient or am I missing something. 54.3 vs 51.8 = 2.5 mph with hp difference of 140.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Interesting how when i was at the boat show they said the ceo was on the 24 footer testing stuff and was doing 65mph!
I would love to see real world numbers for sure.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Oh, and part of that is probably due to having to turn the supercharger and some of it is from closed loop cooling. So a 5 to 10 percent draw. And 250hp is the very top of limit for a 155mm pump. Really needs more like a 160-170 mm pump

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thats the 21 footer. I was comparing the 24 footer to my 24 footer.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I screwed this all up. I was looking at Chaparral s not the Scarabs. I should learn to read.