• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2015 Space Blue AR240 $44K Pittsburgh PA

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We’ve decided to officially try to sell our gently used 2015 AR240. I blame the what is keeping you from boating thread :)

Trailer;

2105 Shor'lander Galvanized Trailer.

Full disc brakes on both axles (required for PA inspection) Some states require this. Originally comes with only brakes on the front axle. Stops on a dime and is easy to pull.

Extra set of fenders and new style brackets. Still running the originals.

Stolz bow roller.

Smith trailer guide poles.

Never an issue with a hot hub or anything like that. I check them with with a temp gauge at rest stops if I'm trailering.

Boat;

2015 Yamaha AR240 Space Blue with Black Hull, 163 light cruising hours each engine.

New JetBoatPilot Lateral Thrusters (These are amazing, truly)

Always trailered and parked in my driveway. Never overnight in the water.

This is not a CARB boat. Full 360 HP.

Stereo is all stock.

The mooring cover is getting near the end of it's life. We don't trailer the boat with the mooring cover, we use the shipping cover. Mooring cover was used when the boat is in the driveway.

Keelguard.

Cobra Jet fins with additional tie rod.

Fresh oil with about 8 hours on it. Always changed around 30 hours or less. Intermediate bearing greased at oil changes.

EZ Locks for the cleanout plugs.

Fluke anchor with 6' of chain and 100' of rode.

Side windows tinted. I didn't do the fronts.

YES warranty till 2019.

Carpet is rolled up and in the garage. We just always used it with the bare floor.

When trailered, we used the shipping cover which we still have (with lots of gorilla tape in places).

Anchor shade.

No corrosion on nozzles, fins, etc.

Life jackets, throwables, orange flag, and fire extinguishers. We have some two person tubes, a pair of water skis, and a beginners wakeboard that go with the deal.

Dual battery setup with DVSR.

4 sets of keys.

4 docking fenders with lines.

Of importance;

We're older folks so no sub moves, wake jumping, etc. We've only pulled a tube one weekend when the grandkids were here in 2015.

I'm meticulous in taking care of things. The boat is always flushed, washed, and boat blinged after use. Wax with Collinite spring and fall. We've only been able to get out 3 times this year due to selling a house and other things needing done. First year we used it a ton and is the bulk of the hours. Probably 100 the first year. Most of our outings are either cruising along at 28-35mph, swimming, or fishing. We don't beach the boat. Never hit a dock and always use fenders for docking.

The engines have never thrown a code aside from one spring I had a low battery and the boat threw a low batt alarm. Never an over heat or any other issues. Have started flawlessly every time. Never a miss or hiccup while under way. They've been perfect. No oil use at all. Plugs changed with the correct number a few times and I have a new set in the box for next spring.

In 2016 I had Yamaha take care of any spider cracking that showed up after running it for a year. Just a couple minimal in the corners of the dash. One on the port side about halfway down the side of the boat also had a spider crack. Nothing structural or anything like that. Just wanted to get everything fixed. Haven't had a spider crack return or show up anywhere else since.

The boat does not take on water or at least it's very minimal. Some do. But again, we use it to cruise and swim so wakesports and such may make water come over the swim platform. There are some minor nicks in the impellers but absolutely no cavitation issues. The boat will put you in your seat. With just my wife and I on the boat it will do 50 ish and I have seen as high as 52. We don't do this often but it's good to know. :)

Thanks for looking!
-Mark

079BDAB4-49A5-44C3-A719-F6A4E5433392.jpeg47AFFDBA-BAD3-4ACA-8254-E33638CA157C.jpeg2E697327-6972-44B7-B733-2312BE07B3E6.jpeg67461A1D-9525-43DE-A855-31A67676D864.jpegCAFEEFF2-2838-4877-866A-8D43D07B197E.jpeg8B6FED9D-D982-48F0-8161-942486F80E3C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best color... Aside from my Maple Red. Love that umbrella for the rear, where did you find that? GLWS.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s a Taylor Anchor Shade. Got it from Overtons.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know, one day I'm going to want to buy a Space Blue AR240 and not be able to find one. Two have sold here this year, and I'm not in the market yet. Figures.

Good luck with the sale. Clearly it's the best color, and should go quickly :D

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u , You sound like me. When I want something, it seems that everyone else does too and its either too high in price or in too high a demand to get one...

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Every month the price gets a little cheaper. Just looking for payoff.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New job has me in a position where I'm too poor to pay attention. If that Mega-Millions hits though, I'll be first in line :D

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well this baby can be marked as SOLD!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*