• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 SX190 Aftermarket Tower

Simbasaj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm looking at getting an aftermarket tower on the used boat I just purchased.

Deciding between the Monster MTK and MT1. Whats the main pros to the MTK? I'm open to any other suggestions as well....

People who have paid for an aftermarket tower are you happy with it?

Can the hull handle it?

Anyway to use my existing bikini? The tower ones are expensive and seem like a downgrade with their size.

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I recently installed the MTK on my 195. We have not pulled anything behind it yet due to cold, but from what others are saying as long as the installation is correct you will be fine. If you do the MTK and install on top gunnel you are installing to the same reinforced hull that the AR boats are. Seems very stable, does not rattle, no play in it at all. I tried playing with the bimini top (stock SX) and it will not fit. There is a picture somewhere of a person installing the stock bimini to the bow area and using it when just chilling on the water.

1621429606009.png

Simbasaj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks sharp! What year is it? It looks like the 2015 AR190s didn't have a forward swooped tower.

Stupid question, but how do I check if the reinforced points are there?

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
My boat is a 2019 SX 195. The top gunnel where my tower is attached is the reinforced part of the hull. On my boat that is about 3 inches or so of fiberglass. I'm pretty sure it's the same on 2015 since the 2015 AR had the rear of the tower also bolted down to the top gunnel.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
My boat is a 2019 SX 195. The top gunnel where my tower is attached is the reinforced part of the hull. On my boat that is about 3 inches or so of fiberglass. I'm pretty sure it's the same on 2015 since the 2015 AR had the rear of the tower also bolted down to the top gunnel.
Did you do the install?

Michal

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Did you do the install?
I sure did. in my driveway/garage. Very simple job. Always scary to drill holes in the boat, but not a complex install at all.