• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 SX210 oil change

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
New member and new owner of a 2015 SX210.
The boat has 100hrs on it and my son and I performed the 100hr service tasks.

The motors are the 1052cc variants.
We used an oil extractor after running each engine for 10 minutes hooked up to a water supply to bring the oil to operating temps.

We managed to pull-out 2.25 quarts per engine.
The owners manual is slightly vague stating there is 4.5 total quarts of oil.
Does this mean 2.25 per engine?
I’m assuming so.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After further research it seems the 4.5 qts. Is each engine.
I will have to try to extract more oil out.

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Part of that 4.5 qts of oil is in the filter and in the dry sump tank - to get all of it out you need to drain the block. You have evacuated the oil that is in the top part of the oil cooler - I think there is a small hole that allows you to get deeper in the cooler with the evac.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On the MR-1’s, I usually extract around 2.2-2.25 per engine. As pointed out above, you will not get the full 4.5 qts unless you drain the block. Here’s from my service manual…

509E5B23-4903-40B6-A5FE-8C6484820C84.jpeg